Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 11,031 times

Advertisements

We are a couple in our mid 20s considering to make the move to the Tampa area; we have no kids and are not planning to have any soon, so schools wouldn't really be an issue.
We're interested in finding a place that provides something to do; I would hate to stay at home every night. I would like to be close to a lively area with shops, restaurants, pubs and bars, clubs hopefully. I lived in Miami Beach for a long time and really enjoyed South Beach, although often overcrowded with tourists, it was nice to walk around.
Some areas I was looking into are:
Hyde Park
St. Pete Beach
Valrico
Ybor City
I should add that having a beach nearby would be wonderful.

Last edited by BeachFairy; 06-11-2007 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: added Ybor City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 PM

105 posts, read 550,605 times
I would recomend Hyde Park as it's probably compares best to SOBE over the other areas mentioned but it is on a smaller scale compared w/ Miami but it has enough to entertain. There are trendy restaurants/bars in that area, many walking distance from each other such as Mangroves, the Rack, Macdintons, 717 South, Whiskey Park, Hyde Park Cafe. There is also an outdoor shopping area in Hyde Park. I would look at places right off Howard Avenue to be close to all the places I mentioned. Valrico is very family oriented, Ybor is getting really dangerous w/ more of a ghetto crowd, and I don't know much about St. Pete Beach but there are mostly older people on that side of the bay.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
I have to say that Ybor is a good community, except in the late evenings mostly friday and saturday nights with a few rauchous clubs on the strip. It is a National Historic Landmark area, and going through another regentrification. The residents have called to action, we'll see how strong the Mayor and City Council are with cleaning up the Historic District from obnoxious club goers..
Hyde Park/SOHO area of Tampa and Downtown St. Pete/Old Northeast St. Pete would be my choices for coming from South Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay