Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times

Advertisements

did a lot of outdoor stuff today - washed the car, rode the bike, exercised......heat wasn't bad until I went into the AC then back outside again.....being in AC seems to magnify how hot it is, if that makes any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:24 PM

427 posts, read 1,089,207 times
Wear plenty of sunscreen. It's always a turnoff for me to see freckles on the upper chest of a middle aged woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyswim View Post
Love it!!! Time to hit the beach!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,788 times
Default Henry Poole Is Here

Can anyone tell me the name of the little girl and mother in this movie
starring Luke Wilson?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 PM

451 posts, read 929,502 times
The girl's name is IMDB.com and the mother's name is Google.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Golf out in the heat all day today - wasn't too bad --- I tell you, the people whining about the heat are the ones that are in AC all day and not acclimated to the Florida weather - and of course it feels very hot after being in 72 degree temps in doors ----they're likely not in very good physical shape, either.

Love this weather.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM

427 posts, read 1,089,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Golf out in the heat all day today - wasn't too bad --- I tell you, the people whining about the heat are the ones that are in AC all day and not acclimated to the Florida weather - and of course it feels very hot after being in 72 degree temps in doors ----they're likely not in very good physical shape, either.

Love this weather.
Maybe you have a point, I don't care for excercise much. My theory is that by not taxing myself too much, I will live longer. It just feels that way. Plus by keeping a pale complexion, I don't look like I'm from the peasant class.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:02 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,380,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_sfl View Post
Wear plenty of sunscreen. It's always a turnoff for me to see freckles on the upper chest of a middle aged woman.
Funny...when I see those kind of freckles, I always want to kiss them.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,553,441 times
Quote:

Love this weather.
Well after not golfing for about 3 years I am going to break out the clubs today. I will be walking it and hopefully not be too far over 100. I was never too good to begin with and after 3 years off it could get ugly. Maybe my rotator cuff surgery fixed my slice.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Well after not golfing for about 3 years I am going to break out the clubs today. I will be walking it and hopefully not be too far over 100. I was never too good to begin with and after 3 years off it could get ugly. Maybe my rotator cuff surgery fixed my slice.
Mike, take it easy out there!!! - this kind of weather is what gives people heat injuries (cramps/stroke/etc). You really have to be acclimated - trust me.

Green fees are their cheapest and sometimes, golf courses are a ghost town - so deserted this time of year. You wonder if you're crazy being out there - sweating so much......Take it slow and easy-and drink lots of fluids (the non-alcoholic variety).

Old 06-16-2010, 02:52 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,553,441 times
Quote:
Mike, take it easy out there!!! - this kind of weather is what gives people heat injuries (cramps/stroke/etc). You really have to be acclimated - trust me.

Green fees are their cheapest and sometimes, golf courses are a ghost town - so deserted this time of year. You wonder if you're crazy being out there - sweating so much......Take it slow and easy-and drink lots of fluids (the non-alcoholic variety).
Wasn't too bad. Got out there around 11:15 and almost had the place to myself, the women's group plays early Wednesdays so they were finishing as I started.
Walked 9 holes and shot a 48, was going to go 18 but after 5 years (thought it was 3 since I payed but figured out it was 5) of just sitting around my Foot Joys blew out on me and I had to cut it short.
I think I might take a few clubs out of my bag, I forgot how heavy it can get after a few holes.

Edit: And only lost one ball over the 9 holes which is a new record for me. I actually could have got the one I lost but after almost taking out a guy at the maintenance shed I figured I would just play another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay