Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,592 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My name is Paul and I will be relocating to the Tampa area within the next two months. To be honest after reading this board I find myself awefully depressed. Very few people have a lot of positive things to say about the area. I was told to look in Pasco County, and I need to ask a few questions, I was hoping you could help me. Let me tell you my situation first.

I am married and have 2 children 6 and 12. I am looking for a nice community that is
A.) Safe
B.) Kid Friendly (other children in the neighborhood for them to play with)
C.) Has good schools. Specifically, I am looking for a school that cares. Education can be suplimented at home, and we are willing to put in that effort. What I am looking for is a school that is willing to put in the effort with us. My children have no special needs, but its nice to find teachers that actually care about their students. If I can get that I can work with it.
D.) Doesn't frown on pets. I will be buying I just don't know if these "Gated communities have rules on pets or not.
E.)I will be working in Tampa, If I have to leave early to beat traffic so be it.
F.)Has nice people in it. My wife and I are people, uh.. people.. and enjoy good neighbors.

I am confused on a few things that I have read here and hoping you could shed some light on them as well.

School choice program - If you live in a schools district and choose to go there, can they make you go to another school?

Homeowners insurance - Is it really that hard to get? If so how do you get it?

Thats all for now, If anyone could tell me of a community that might fit the bill so I at least can get a start on where to look. I will be looking at homes up to 260k around, I don't know with the cost of taxes in florida as well as the cdd's or the hoa's that i could afford much more than that.

Thank you in advance for all your responses. I literally just found out yesterday that this is where I am going, and am in a bit of shock right now.

Take Care
Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: