U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,579 times

Advertisements

I need advice. We live in naples,fl. it is become to expensive to stay here trying to relocate to tampa,clearwater,or st.petes,but having trouble deciding where to go.We are looking to rent a 3-4 bedroom apartment or house but cant afford much. I am mixed and my husband is black,I am a c.n.a./h.h.a (possible nursing student soon)and my husband layed off security officer will be starting school for truck driving soon.Is there work in these job areas there?We have 3 teens,but 1 is mildly special needs(adha+pdd+bipolar+asthma).We cant afford a private school anymore.So is there a good middle/high school systems that can handle that?Looking for a decent and safe neighborhood but with diversity and things for young people to do(like bowling,skating,movies,eating,and etc.).We have 2 dogs 1 is a chihuahua, but 1 is a 5yr.old shepard mix 40lb. have had her since 2weeks old we often have problems finding housing because of her weight.Know of any places?Any Advice Please Is Greatly AppreciatedThankyou!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 06:34 AM

13,820 posts, read 18,787,294 times
try crosswynds in tampa off of 301 they used to be condos but now are apts you will be able to find something there im sure even with two dogs . But the dogs must be kept under control as well as the kids because when we went to look at them they mentioned this and stressed this apparently they had some problems in the past with kids and dogs . It is located on marsh cove dr in btwn 301 and faulken burg before the causeway in tampa . the wal mart is right around the corner and other shopping is right around the corner too . good luck and also make sure you obtain a job before you get there . jobs are hard in those areas right now .

Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 PM

110 posts, read 242,361 times
Default Ditto

Sounds like we have similar dilemas! My husband (mexican) my 7-yr old son (Black) and myself (black & white) are moving to Tampa/St. Petersburg this summer. I've done alot of research online, talked to several people while there in March, even a few Realtors. Everytime I ask someone for advice on a good, safe neighborhood with good schools AND cultural diversity I get a city suggested that is 80-90% white! Our son has ADHD so I'm nervous about that too.

I'm nervous about neighborhoods, schools, commuting and how my hair is gonna hold up in all that humidity! I'm gonna try to follow your posts to see if you've found anything good! Maybe we'll end up neighbors!!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:51 AM

13,773 posts, read 33,906,848 times
What is your budget for rent? There are several areas that would fit your request but are they in your budget?

Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 AM

110 posts, read 242,361 times
We'd like to pay about $1200 for rent since we have to factor in utilities. Hopefully a 3bed/2bath. We have a 25 pound French Bulldog (if you're not famililar with the breed he is the smaller type of bulldog, no slobber!)

plus my potential job is off Gulf Blvd in St. Pete Beach. I'd like to live within a 30 min commute INCLUDING traffic!
Thanks for any info!

Last edited by Moni74; 05-24-2010 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add

Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM

3,378 posts, read 7,891,706 times
Start searching Realtor.com for rentals.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 AM

381 posts, read 930,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedup5 View Post
... my husband layed off security officer will be starting school for truck driving soon.
You need to do some good research on the truck driving thing.
I know 2 guys that got their CDL and started driving trucks. Neither could make any money and both are doing something else now.
The CDL schools are in business to sell folks on the dream of making money driving a truck. The reality is the the new guys do a lot of hurry up and waiting and truck drivers don't get paid for waiting.
Be careful.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM

10 posts, read 27,508 times
I don't have much advice for you in terms of real estate, but just wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK!!

The "right" place is there just waiting for you.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:53 PM

17 posts, read 35,196 times
Tampa bay should be cheaper than Naples.

Any school in Mid or South Pinellas county (St. Pete) will be plenty racially diverse!

Tampa is also racially diverse pretty much every where.

Try St. Pete (avoid southside), Pinellas Park, or Largo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or