Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:18 PM

33 posts, read 130,483 times

Advertisements

Check out Safety Harbor or Countryside. Nicer neighborhoods, and a nicer areas in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 05:07 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
You understand that "rough" is a very relative term.

My grandmother would consider any area without well maintained lawns and flowerbeds... rough.

My daughter would consider any area with more than 3 broken car windows per block... rough.

A lot depends on what you know about the neighborhood... So what appears to be a good neighborhood could be bad... if your crack dealer lives there.

What you consider "rough" might be poor working class... Is that rough? Well, maybe, but you're not likely to be mugged there. Living there might be a problem...

But it all depends on where you currently are. And without asking a LOT of questions of this poster.... we don't know what he thinks is "rough."
When you have lived in Danashores for over 41 years just about any other place is rough.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:37 AM

214 posts, read 678,289 times
I've mainly driven on the major streets of Largo and gone to the community center and Publix (LOL!), but I've never seen a really bad area nor have I had any problems in Largo.

IMO, the best thing you can do is to check out the place yourself - you'll find numerous threads here that read "Such-and-such sucks. Does not! Does too!" and so on...

Old 06-06-2010, 10:50 PM

147 posts, read 354,402 times
My wife and I are considering buying a second home in the Largo area. I have been following the Tampa Bay Mug shot in the paper for several weeks and noticed that a fair share of people being arrested were from Largo (the top two were St. Pete and then Clearwater). Is this because there is one general crime area or neighborhood or is crime spread out throughout the city of Largo due to a higher population than say Dunedin or Tarpon Springs Thanks in advance for any information.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Logically, that makes pretty good sense. St. Pete and Clearwater are the two biggest cities in Pinellas, followed by Largo and Pinellas Park, though I'm not sure which is bigger out of those two.

You have to remember that Largo is bordered by a lot of unincorporated land which may use Largo as a mailiing address and share its zipcodes.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 AM

43 posts, read 55,764 times
I know I am reviving an old thread but I see some posters are underestimating Largo.

I would compare a lot of it or at least 3/4ths of it to Philly or some rough pocket near Boston. It is seriously bad news. Its all the bad of the East Coast only with palm trees. "looked ok" like what people are saying here but living in and visiting, 2 totally different things.

Belleair is real good but its the only good area. There and Bardmoor, Walsingham but imo theres better places to live than this general area including Seminole .

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-06-2016 at 07:44 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 03:50 AM

120 posts, read 117,855 times
You obviously haven't seen all of Largo, you are trolling, or both. Given your past posts, I'll assume the latter. With your narrow and conservative views of life and people in general indicated by your posts, I'm not surprised that you don't like it/fit in here. Also, things have changed in the last 6 years. The economy is very different than it was back then, and reviving an old post and judging an area by it's context isn't really fair.

For those who don't know about Largo, alot of it is shady. But not all of it. There are some bad parts that resemble carnie villages from 1987 but there are alot of good areas too. I happen to live in a very good, middle-class, quality family area with nice homes, nice people, and a good quality of life. We are far enough away from the bad areas that we don't ever have to deal with them. I paid next to nothing for a house that has doubled in value, in a very nice and desirable area close to everything. There are many nice areas like this in Largo. If you come here looking for the cheapest thing you can find, you won't be in one of the nice areas. But you don't have to spend a fortune to be in a good area.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:30 AM

325 posts, read 441,316 times
He is trolling. He was likely kicked off the Forum as Troller 'Giovanni the Great' and now is back. I say to you go back where you came from.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:32 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Largo is a pretty rough area. I would stay away.
I lived in Largo for a pretty good amount of time. Personally I had no issue with it. There is a part that people like to call "Larghetto" though lol

PS: I highly suggest you stay away from Madison at Largo. It looks nice, but it's a lie, I promise you.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,077,659 times
Anyone reading all of these would have a seriously bad impression of a great place to live.
There are a couple of areas that I would not walk at night, but not scared to drive down and daytime not an issue
as previous writers have put, depends on ones perspective - there are homes with seven figure price tags under Largo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay