Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 03:51 PM

467 posts, read 324,925 times

Advertisements

Hi all:
My husband and I are both from Plant City, but the last time we lived in central florida was over 18 years ago. We've been moving all over the country since then and are currently just outside of Seattle.

We are moving to Tampa (can anyone say full circle) and have a few concerns.

There are two major issues we have to deal with - 1) our teenage son (11th grade) needs a good school and 2) my husband's commute from the AFB in South Tampa needs to be less than 1/2 hour if possible.

We are considering either St Pete or Brandon/Riverview. We will only be renting so cost isn't such an issue.

The Brandon area LOOKS like it is the closest and most suburban (good for son), but I hear the traffic on the Selmon is horrible.

St Pete would be an awesome option, but I'm worried about flooding and commute time over the Gandy.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 04:16 PM

144 posts, read 698,507 times
I've driven thru the Selmon Expressway after 8:00AM and before 6:00AM. I didn't notice traffic to be that bad. Before 6:00AM, the expressway seems empty. After 8:00AM, there's a lot more cars, but not enough to cause bumper to bumper.

Before they added the second level, I would sometimes drive thru the expressway at 7:00AM. The cars were just backed up immediately after the main toll booth area near Brandon, but I think with the addition of the second level, this problem has been cut down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay