Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:58 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,798 times

Advertisements

It is amazing how things have changed in schools. It used to be that teachers were allowed to beat the hell out of students. We would hear stories of kids getting out of line and a whole group of teachers running in and stomping the kid. By the time I was in school, teachers and principals were allowed to grab and shove. I bet by now they aren't even allowed to do that anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
You can't *union scream* in a right to work state.
True enough, don't I know that! Well, Federal level marching maybe?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
It is amazing how things have changed in schools. It used to be that teachers were allowed to beat the hell out of students. We would hear stories of kids getting out of line and a whole group of teachers running in and stomping the kid. By the time I was in school, teachers and principals were allowed to grab and shove. I bet by now they aren't even allowed to do that anymore.
Yikes! Where did you grow up? LOL

Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Yikes! Where did you grow up? LOL
Western PA. In the 60's and 70's teachers were allowed to use pretty harsh physical force against students.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:00 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
sorry that happened to you.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I think you teach where I was teaching for the last two years. I don't care what a teacher does (short of taking a swing at a student) there is no excuse for this.

I TAUGHT where you were teaching in 2002-2004...it was like this then...very little changes in education..

Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,663 times
my daughter's teacher always get angry to my child,and that teacher told to my daughter to go back in grade one if you don't understand the math problem,is it n natural to a teacher to tell those words to a child?i asked an advice to my friend,and my friend's daughter told us that their school teachers always tell those words to them.I believe it's not right and it is part of a domestic violence,should I talk to the principal about this matter?

Old 06-21-2012, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,663 times
my daughter's teacher always get angry to my child,and that teacher told to my daughter to go back in grade one if you don't understand the math problem,is it n natural to a teacher to tell those words to a child?i asked an advice to my friend,and my friend's daughter told us that their school teachers always tell those words to them.I believe it's not right and it is part of a domestic violence,should I talk to the principal about this matter?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
No, most teachers do not "get angry" with students or say things like that to students.

Schedule a meeting with the teacher first to get the complete story. Sometimes children may misunderstand a teacher's tone of voice or comments. Or they may tell their parents only part of what happened.

It is always best to start with the teacher rather than his/her boss.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Well, the fact that he has I records is indeed a red flag. Who knows what this kid has done or is capable of. I always love these kids that come in with no records. There is a reason the records weren't released.

I would demand him out of my room until his records are available, that will make administration jump on it I suppose. It's very difficult to work with a kid like this unless you know what his diagnosis is, clearly there is one. Is it Opposotional DeFiance Disorder to the max? Or maybe Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Maybe he's just a punk who need to be taken out by his teacher..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching