Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:28 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,922,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm highly skeptical of this.

I'm not. Connections in our school district used to be a requirement even if it meant a janitor's job. With a different administration and much more intelligent school board (which getting on in the past also required connections) I don't think the nepotism requirement is utilized much now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 06:40 AM

804 posts, read 545,126 times
It is more like schools who are desperate for teachers rather then teachers desperate for jobs. So any arrest record will not disqualify you at all. You might be pushed/sent away for other reasons. Arrest record is just another excuse.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:24 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
It is more like schools who are desperate for teachers rather then teachers desperate for jobs. So any arrest record will not disqualify you at all. You might be pushed/sent away for other reasons. Arrest record is just another excuse.
No, Dan. You're wrong.

Depending on what the arrest was for, it may totally disqualify an otherwise excellent candidate.

Our system, at least at the time, waiting until the principal sent in a request to hire before sending the candidate's information to the police for the background check. In other words, I had already decided the candidate was the preferred applicant. The background check occasionally came back negative.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:08 PM

4 posts, read 4,181 times
Default Wow, so unfair

This is absolutely heart wrenching... gosh damnit! I honestly might've ruined my entire dreams of finding a fulfilling career down the drain, literally dug my own grave.. I was dating this crazy girl, should've got away from her months ago! very toxic person, she was highly unstable, on drugs, narcissistic, manipulative, all the above... I wanted to be chivalrous and give her back this guitar she gave me from a brother who passed a few months ago, it was a very strange night, I walked up to this house which she said she never lived at anymore, to find her on the porch, (lots of backstory here), well she was probably on soem type of drugs for various reasons, but the short and skinny is while inside my car, I was telling her to get out multiple times, she wouldnt and provoked the sitatuion, to get her away from my car, I squirted my water bottle at her to get her away from my car. Police contact me the next day saying she said all this insane stuff like 'I dragged her, pulled her into the car, had bruises, etc.' all a blatant lie, well like an idiot, I told them the TRUTH, which is exactly what I wrote above, slapped the cuffs on me, spent a night in jail, now I'm facing Assault DV and Disorderly Conduct DV charges, it's like a bad dream!!! just should've denied the damn thing and nothing would've came about cause she didn't want to aid in investigation. They never even went to see her in person to do a DV report! so anywho, there's a good chance I'll get some diversion BS and charges hopefully dismissed, but I'm feeling like no matter what, the deeds been done cause on paper, the arrest looks bad. This is so jacked up, 32 years old, clean record, worked my A$$ off to get where i'm at paying my own way through school with a bachelors and masters degree, and allllll of it, in an instant, down the drain. Im such a fool... this sucks. Girl literally ruined my life- and before ppl jump to conclusions and say oh shouldnt have thrown water, this girl was a pathological liar, she gaslighted me for months telling me i'm crazy for believing she still lived at that house. She basically lived a double life, had another guy, was probably trafficking drugs, and threw me under the bus to save her self...

Old 10-12-2021, 02:22 PM

45,344 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, Dan. You're wrong.

Depending on what the arrest was for, it may totally disqualify an otherwise excellent candidate.

Our system, at least at the time, waiting until the principal sent in a request to hire before sending the candidate's information to the police for the background check. In other words, I had already decided the candidate was the preferred applicant. The background check occasionally came back negative.
Pennsylvania, or at least most of the school districts, now requires the background checks be completed and submitted with the application.

Our common (former) Maryland system occasionally had teachers pulled out of class and cuffed right there. A few for murder.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:34 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_G017 View Post
I was dating this crazy girl, should've got away from her months ago! very toxic person, she was highly unstable, on drugs, narcissistic, manipulative, all the above... I wanted to be chivalrous and give her back this guitar she gave me from a brother who passed a few months ago, it was a very strange night, I walked up to this house which she said she never lived at anymore, to find her on the porch, (lots of backstory here), well she was probably on soem type of drugs for various reasons, but the short and skinny is while inside my car, I was telling her to get out multiple times, she wouldnt and provoked the sitatuion, to get her away from my car, I squirted my water bottle at her to get her away from my car. Police contact me the next day saying she said all this insane stuff like 'I dragged her, pulled her into the car, had bruises, etc.' all a blatant lie, well like an idiot, I told them the TRUTH, which is exactly what I wrote above, slapped the cuffs on me, spent a night in jail, now I'm facing Assault DV and Disorderly Conduct DV charges, it's like a bad dream!!! just should've denied the damn thing and nothing would've came about cause she didn't want to aid in investigation. They never even went to see her in person to do a DV report! so anywho, there's a good chance I'll get some diversion BS and charges hopefully dismissed, but I'm feeling like no matter what, the deeds been done cause on paper, the arrest looks bad. This is so jacked up, 32 years old, clean record, worked my A$$ off to get where i'm at paying my own way through school with a bachelors and masters degree, and allllll of it, in an instant, down the drain. Im such a fool... this sucks. Girl literally ruined my life- and before ppl jump to conclusions and say oh shouldnt have thrown water, this girl was a pathological liar, she gaslighted me for months telling me i'm crazy for believing she still lived at that house. She basically lived a double life, had another guy, was probably trafficking drugs, and threw me under the bus to save her self...
How many times are you going to re-post this sad story? Duplicating it almost verbatim on thread after thread after thread to the same audience. I'm sure everyone has sympathy for your situation but it is obvious you need some counseling in order to move past it. That will help more than re-typing.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,500,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
How many times are you going to re-post this sad story? Duplicating it almost verbatim on thread after thread after thread to the same audience. I'm sure everyone has sympathy for your situation but it is obvious you need some counseling in order to move past it. That will help more than re-typing.
Or better yet, hire a lawyer to see what can be done to clear your record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching