Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 06:49 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,311,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, but I'm talking this format:

http://www1.pgcps.org/uploadedFiles/...0Framework.pdf

Sorry I can't isolate the pages.
Yeah. That's a lot to read through. Is that something for your summative evaluation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 07:03 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Yeah. That's a lot to read through. Is that something for your summative evaluation?

Yes. Some administrators are making teachers do the FfT format for all submitted weekly plans.

I'm glad I'm out.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yes. Some administrators are making teachers do the FfT format for all submitted weekly plans.

I'm glad I'm out.
Ugh. I just jotted down some notes for myself for tomorrow in my online planner. That's about it. I don't have to submit anything.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,462 times
Yuck! I had to submit lesson plans for three years, but I could choose any format I wished. I use an internet based lesson planning system which can include state, national, and common core standards.

4 more days until Spring Break!!! This week is fun for me because of state testing, my philosophy is move move move move in music class. Students are playing Just Dance and using jump bands to get the students' energy out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syuWYab8Og

Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
Yuck! I had to submit lesson plans for three years, but I could choose any format I wished. I use an internet based lesson planning system which can include state, national, and common core standards.

I just have to post online what I plan on covering for each day for the parents and the kids. No one cares how well it aligns with the standards. They just assume I cover them or not. I'm not sure what they assume. I put all this work into verifying that I do cover the standards and no one has ever asked me to confirm that I do. At least I know I'm covering them.

It amazes me how different different districts are.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
Our lessons plans are due at 8:30 on Monday mornings. Annoying.

I can't wait to get out of education. I picked the wrong field.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:51 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Our lessons plans are due at 8:30 on Monday mornings. Annoying.

I can't wait to get out of education. I picked the wrong field.

I had one principal who required the plans for the next week to be on your desk by the time that you left on Friday night. It was really annoying as most people preferred to do their plans over the weekend and not Thursday night. I believe that he walked around the building looking at plans one time on a Friday after school in the four years that I worked in his building (I liked to work late on Fridays so I was always there long after he left on Fridays).

Now he sometimes (maybe once a month) walked around the building about an hour before school started on Monday mornings (I was usually there early every day, too) so you had to have them done just in case.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:18 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I had one principal who required the plans for the next week to be on your desk by the time that you left on Friday night. It was really annoying as most people preferred to do their plans over the weekend and not Thursday night.
ugh.... See, I think principals like that are ridiculous. If you want to make sure I have plans for the week, fine, but don't dictate WHEN I do those plans. I like to do my plans on Sunday night.

Everyone at school is OVER this week. On Wednesday, walking around talking to the other teachers, most thought it was Thursday. Even the assistant principal thought it was Thursday. We have state testing this week, then two weeks off, then more testing.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:33 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
Another reason that I want out. Plans have to be submitted prior to the start of school on Friday A.M. by email. Technically, there is no required form, but I was told to use HER "suggested" form which includes covering at least 6-8 common core standards, an overview of what you are doing for each subject daily, a detailed plan for every whole group lesson and a detailed plan for every small group lesson. It's also required to include your plans for differentiated instruction for every type of lesson, naming the names of the students and what you are going to do for them.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Another reason that I want out. Plans have to be submitted prior to the start of school on Friday A.M. by email. Technically, there is no required form, but I was told to use HER "suggested" form which includes covering at least 6-8 common core standards, an overview of what you are doing for each subject daily, a detailed plan for every whole group lesson and a detailed plan for every small group lesson. It's also required to include your plans for differentiated instruction for every type of lesson, naming the names of the students and what you are going to do for them.

I don't know how you would ever have time to do all of that. I know what I'm doing the next day, but I don't necessarily write it all down. I always start off the year fairly well when it comes to that, but it fizzles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching