Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:01 AM

74 posts, read 49,034 times

Advertisements

I interviewed last Monday and was told I'd hear by Wednesday. Then by Friday I called to inquire and was told Monday. Still no reply. I wish the district would just tell applicants they'd let us know in a few weeks so I don't have to worry if I Got the job or not. I know no one owes me anything. They hold all the cards. It's the only district that will work out with my child's school hours so I have to,deal with it no matter how I'm treated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
All potential hires must be approved by the school board. It is not really a big deal but they will not call you until that happens, no matter what they said at the interview. Has there been a board meeting since your interview? Look on the district web site and find out.

If you make a nuisance of yourself, they will think you're high maintenance and will hire someone else. Chill out and relax.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
All potential hires must be approved by the school board. It is not really a big deal but they will not call you until that happens, no matter what they said at the interview. Has there been a board meeting since your interview? Look on the district web site and find out.

If you make a nuisance of yourself, they will think you're high maintenance and will hire someone else. Chill out and relax.
I'm already an employee-a sub who was approved by the board 2 yrs ago. I will not call them again for sure. I just think if the HR manager doesn't know when they will make a decision, don't tell people "a few days" because they will be expecting a call within that time.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
They will have to approve you for this particular position.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:37 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy_32 View Post
I interviewed last Monday and was told I'd hear by Wednesday. Then by Friday I called to inquire and was told Monday. Still no reply. I wish the district would just tell applicants they'd let us know in a few weeks so I don't have to worry if I Got the job or not. I know no one owes me anything. They hold all the cards. It's the only district that will work out with my child's school hours so I have to,deal with it no matter how I'm treated.
Were you offered the position? If not they are not putting you before the board without your verbal acceptance of the position.

It is possible, especially if it is a large district, that they are swamped with filling positions at the last minute. It is also possible, you are not their first choice but instead they are waiting for someone else they offered the position to to make up their mind.

Either way, you are stuck in the crappy position of waiting to hear.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Were you offered the position? If not they are not putting you before the board without your verbal acceptance of the position.

It is possible, especially if it is a large district, that they are swamped with filling positions at the last minute. It is also possible, you are not their first choice but instead they are waiting for someone else they offered the position to to make up their mind.

Either way, you are stuck in the crappy position of waiting to hear.
Nope, I was told that references are being checked before job offers are made. Yeah, it's very stressful waiting but I have no choice. Other districts do not work out with my kid's school schedule so if I don't get it I will go back to the sub pool. It's not imperative money wise that I get it but it will ding my self esteem if I don't. Oh well.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:39 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
All potential hires must be approved by the school board. It is not really a big deal but they will not call you until that happens, no matter what they said at the interview.
My first job, I was working for a good 2-3 weeks before I received the letter in the mail that the board approved my position.

Principal called me in on Friday and I started working the Monday before preplanning.

You will just have to wait, OP. I hated that part of the process as well.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
My first job, I was working for a good 2-3 weeks before I received the letter in the mail that the board approved my position.

Principal called me in on Friday and I started working the Monday before preplanning.

You will just have to wait, OP. I hated that part of the process as well.
Thank you.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:00 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
I hope you hear soon. It's so hard waiting; especially when you were given a specific time frame. Things happen, though. It has taken months for me to get hired at some school jobs and others happened within the day. Has the school year started? If you haven't heard and the year has started, I'd probably inquire in a vague way, asking if the position has been filled. You don't have to identify yourself or call from your own number. If you find out it's been filled then you can stop waiting and make other plans. Good luck!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I hope you hear soon. It's so hard waiting; especially when you were given a specific time frame. Things happen, though. It has taken months for me to get hired at some school jobs and others happened within the day. Has the school year started? If you haven't heard and the year has started, I'd probably inquire in a vague way, asking if the position has been filled. You don't have to identify yourself or call from your own number. If you find out it's been filled then you can stop waiting and make other plans. Good luck!
Unfortunately they just tell you the same thing, the decision hasn't been made yet. I will let the group know if I got it or not because I have appreciated the support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching