Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

I got mine while getting my B.A.

My state required secondary ed to major in their content area, and get a certification concurrently. So I graduated with a degree in English and licensure to teach 7-12 reading and language arts.

Years later, I added a K-12 Special Education endorsement to my certificate by taking the Mild-Moderate Cross Categorical Disabilities Praxis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Got an MEd as second post grad degree, took the tests and certified for math and science. Don't remember, but grades were high school. Taught in Middle School, and the school/district got me certified for lower grades as well. Had plenty of math sciences courses in undergrad so content area was not a problem.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:22 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,944,661 times
Double majored in college, took all of the required undergrad courses in education but skipped the practicum and student teaching (became disillusioned and more interested in my 2nd major). After a year of soul searching, travel, working for a non-profit and temp jobs I enrolled in a M.Ed. program and took the practicum (methods) and two reading classes in the Fall and did student teaching in the Spring. Applied for certification and took the Praxis before actually finishing the Masters, was hired immediately and finished the Masters (had to take statistics and cultural awareness classes to finish) a couple of years later (on the district's dime).

Taught for 33 years in two different states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching