Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 315 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I'm a new teacher in NYC

My plan is to transition to working in NJ, I live in NJ now, and my wife and I want to move to a county/city closer to the shore.

I'm hoping I can get some information, not so much about the certification transfer process, but about opportunities, location, resources, and contacts.

Right now I am a have my MA and certification in TESOL (working with English language learners). In the next few years, I also plan on getting certified to be an ELA/literature teacher, or sometime of literacy coach (I'm not sure about grade level, right now I work with K-12 students).

Any advice, thoughts, or resources would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about things like salary, benefits, pensions, work environments, growth/opportunities, etc...

I've tried to be brief, let me know if anything needs clarification. I'm excited to hear responses.

thanks,
joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching