Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM

438 posts, read 965,165 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone
I know there have been a billion discussions about teacher tenure but I have a few questions for a project in grad school that I'm looking for opinions on. You can respond here, privately to me, briefly or as detailed as possible.
I'm trying to get as many responses as humanly possible.
thanks a million! Just remember if you respond here it's for all of us to see, if you respond directly to me I won't repeat it, only in my project!!

Questions for project
  • Are you presently or have you ever been a teacher?
  • Do you think tenure for teachers is a good idea or a bad idea.
  • Please feel free to elaborate on your yes or no answer for question # 2.
  • Do you think tenure needs to be changed either/or done away with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,827 times
1. What exactly is your project on?
2. When you say tenured, are you talking about K-12, community college, or 4 year teachers/professors
3. Your responses may differ depending on whether or not the respondent already has tenure.
4. Your responses may also differ depending on whether or not the respondent is a former teacher vs a current teacher
5. Your responses may differ depending on whether or not the respondent is a sub/adjunct, or a full timer

Old 09-30-2008, 06:11 AM

438 posts, read 965,165 times
my project is part of a debate on the pros/cons of tenure.
it can be at any level
doesn't matter if they do or don't already, it's fine
doesn't matter if they are current or former
sub.adjunct doesn't matter
all responses welcome for anything on all levels.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM

604 posts, read 4,621,542 times
When a new principal (public K-12) comes into a school, they like to bring in those they've worked with in the past. Those w/out tenure are at risk for employment. I would feel safer w/ tenure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching