Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM

43 posts, read 153,725 times

Advertisements

WoW!.......I really though I was gonna get chewed up and spit out

Yall are awesome and yall are welcome over to my house for Thanksgivin supper

Thank yall for your understanding and kind words

Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,132,806 times
No problem, Bishop. You can come sit on my patio, anytime. I'll fix you up some sweet tea!

There is nothing worse than me standing there telling folks that not all Yankees are jerks, that we were brought up right, too, and there is some dimwit behind me whining about people driving too slow and calling the locals stupid. Grrrrrr.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:10 AM

59 posts, read 173,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop93 View Post
I've seen new people move here and then want to complain about our way of living and the way we do things.

New people come and then complain about us being so Conservative and "redneck".

New people come and then complain because Tennessee in predominately Christian and not afraid say it (not me).
Those reasons are exactly WHY I WANT to move to Tennessee! I am originally from S. Georgia but have been in SW Florida for most of my life - I hate the way of life here in FL!! I can't wait to relocate to Tennessee and I promise to not change a thing. I want to live in a country (redneck), Christian, conservative place!!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,696,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlwinfla View Post
I want to live in a country (redneck), Christian, conservative place!!
And I've lived here all my life and those are some of the reasons I want to leave. But I've said it before: By far the biggest reason I want to leave is the miserable summer weather. I can easily put up with all the rest, and have no desire to try to change any of it. What I hate the most about living here is the one thing no one can change!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:08 AM

665 posts, read 1,922,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
No problem, Bishop. You can come sit on my patio, anytime. I'll fix you up some sweet tea!

There is nothing worse than me standing there telling folks that not all Yankees are jerks, that we were brought up right, too, and there is some dimwit behind me whining about people driving too slow and calling the locals stupid. Grrrrrr.
Yes I STILL am proving NOT ALL Yankees are rude! I have manners I say please and thank you to EVERYONE and I say excuse me when I am in the need to pass them in stores or streets. Sometimes I get tired of defending myself.Take me as ME not where I am from PLEASE! And I like driving slow , it allows me to see he beauty of nature all around

Old 07-09-2010, 05:17 AM

37,761 posts, read 40,866,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop93 View Post
Don't get me wrong,I have no issues with respectful newcomers but.,....

(I don't want to start a flame war......This is just my observation)

I've seen new people move here and then want to complain about our way of living and the way we do things.

It's because they didn't do their research before they moved. They came for the cheap and the weather and didn't bother to look into whether they'd be a good fit for the area. Instead of blaming themselves for their mistake, it's everybody else's fault that things aren't up to their standards. My favorite complaint is that local people aren't supposedly as smart as they are. Well, not for anything but who's the dumbo who made the expensive mistake of moving to a location that was so wrong for them?

Old 07-09-2010, 07:11 AM

36,142 posts, read 30,611,424 times
Quote:
I moved here terrified of cows. Had only seen them for real one time and it was not a good experience. Since then, I've learned to love them! I've spent four years trying to make friends with the ones across the street and finally about a month and a half ago, one of them let me pet him. You'd have think I'd just won the lottery!
LOL. You too. I thought that was only Phyll! Whats with all the bovinephobia.

Quote:
My favorite complaint is that local people aren't supposedly as smart as they are. Well, not for anything but who's the dumbo who made the expensive mistake of moving to a location that was so wrong for them?
I hope you point out that little fact to them.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,696,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Yes I STILL am proving NOT ALL Yankees are rude! I have manners I say please and thank you to EVERYONE and I say excuse me when I am in the need to pass them in stores or streets. Sometimes I get tired of defending myself.Take me as ME not where I am from PLEASE! And I like driving slow , it allows me to see he beauty of nature all around
Actually most northerners I meet are at least as nice and friendly as the southerners I know. I see an exception occasionally, but it's extremely rare.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM

43 posts, read 153,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
And I've lived here all my life and those are some of the reasons I want to leave. But I've said it before: By far the biggest reason I want to leave is the miserable summer weather. I can easily put up with all the rest, and have no desire to try to change any of it. What I hate the most about living here is the one thing no one can change!
This heat and humidity is miserable.

That's why I want to go to Alaska for seasonal work.Work there in the canneries during fishing season and come back home in the Winter

Alaska's got that "our way or no way" attitude but I can respect that because I can relate

Old 07-09-2010, 04:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,132,806 times
Tennesseans have it good. It's not too hot and it is not too cold. Live in south Florida and New England for several years and you will know what I mean. I was just telling my mother - who still lives in Mass - that the other day. I have never heard such complaining about the weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee