U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 PM

83 posts, read 538,543 times
Default Has anyone rented through Gatlinburg Cabins?

I would like to hear from anyone who has rented through Gatlinburg cabins. How was your experience? They have some beautiful photos on line, but I'm a little concerned. Two of the cabins, posted separately with different names, had the same photos posted under the description. I'm sure there was just an error made, but it does show you that you may not get what you think you are.

If not Gatlinburg cabins - any other suggetions? We want to be fairly close to the downtown area and want to spend about $200.00/night for a two-bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 06:39 AM

1,775 posts, read 5,286,568 times
Check our Patriot Getaways online. Once you stay with them one time, you get special emails with 50% off deals and so on. They also have specials on their website. By far the best deal out there compared to the other cabin rental companies. I rented with the the last 3 times we went there. You don't even need to check in at their office. there is a lock code on the doors so you don't have to go out of your way to their office. They send you a map of where it is and you just drive directly to it. A lot of the cabins are built very similar so it's possible there were 2 with different names and they just used the same picture as it was the same layout of the cabin. I also stayed with Cabins USA our very first trip but they were a bit more expensive. Once i found Patriot Getaways, i've stayed with them.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:05 AM

336 posts, read 738,138 times
We used to stay with Mountain View Chalets before moving up here. Never had a problem with them.

We enjoyed Sunny Lane. The decor is older, as you can obviously see, but the views from that chalet were AWESOME. There was a panorama that had Mt. LeConte as the centerpiece. The driveway is steep, but levels off at the top where the house is.

We also stayed in and enjoyed Sunset, which is alot like Sunny Lane, but had been updated the last time we stayed with Mountain View Chalets. It is just down the road from Sunny Lane, and the driveway is easily accessible, but you do have to climb a flight of stairs to get in. The view is almost as good as Sunny Lane, but from another angle. Both bedrooms have a view of the mountains.

Now, it's been at least 6 years since we stayed in either one, so I just can't tell you if they've been kept up or not, but we stayed 4 separate times with them over about a 12 year period.

Both are within a 5-6 minute drive of the strip in Gatlinburg (the end toward Pigeon Forge).

Google "vacation rentals by owner" and find the vrbo site. It is a great source for vacation rentals. We use that site almost exclusively now to book rentals when we go on vacation. That site is for rental by owners, and I've found that owners take better care of rental places than rental agencies do. Probably because they vacation in the places themselves. We have used vrbo at least a dozen times for vacation, and have already booked with owners for Destin, FL and Long Beach, MS (visiting family) this fall.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 AM

1,775 posts, read 5,286,568 times
Patriot Getaways and Cabins USA are the companies that contract with the owners of the cabins to rent them out and take care of them but the cabins are all individually owned. Last time we were there, we had a problem with the satellite system and called the office at Patriot Getaways. The office called the owners who called us directly and resolved the problem right away. It just needed to be reset and we didn't know how to do it. They happened to be living in N.C. One other time at Cabins USA, we had a group of 12 of us and the sofa bed springs were broken so we called the office to report it and the owners of that cabin happened to be on vacation out on a cruise ship but were contacted by the office and we had a brand new sofa delivered to us the next day. Really great experiences with both places, the upkeep was nothing but excellent but price wise, patriot getaways is the deal.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 AM

74 posts, read 219,844 times
I highly suggest countryelegancecabins dot com . They have several to choose from, their prices are very affordable (less then $200 per night) and the cabins are renovated, historic cabins. The best part is they are secluded. We stayed in the "Gone Fishin'" cabin. Absolutely fabulous and would go back over and over.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:56 AM

83 posts, read 538,543 times
Thank you everyone! This is great information. I think I will check out Patriot getaways and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee