U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:04 AM

8,930 posts, read 7,268,441 times

Advertisements

Yep, it was 96 yesterday here in M'boro. Should be hotter today and tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 AM

364 posts, read 721,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelAngelRuth View Post
Yes, I spent hours tonight reading ALL the post on this question...as I sit here in TN! lol
I'm on vacation...came up for my daughters wedding next weekend.
Guess what? It's hot here too! I can't tell much difference from the weather I left in FL!
Have a wonderful week!
It does get just as hot but as I look at my weather app. It is 65 there at 7:45 in the morning. It was already 80 here in FL.

Sure it gets as hot but you still have the mornings and evenings to enjoy. Here in FL there is no break until Nov.

But I do have to say it has been great at night here is SFLA the past few days with the hurricane funneling a great breeze down to us. Going to miss it later in the week, it has felt like Fall.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 AM

849 posts, read 1,453,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOWAddict View Post
It does get just as hot but as I look at my weather app. It is 65 there at 7:45 in the morning. It was already 80 here in FL.

Sure it gets as hot but you still have the mornings and evenings to enjoy. Here in FL there is no break until Nov.

But I do have to say it has been great at night here is SFLA the past few days with the hurricane funneling a great breeze down to us. Going to miss it later in the week, it has felt like Fall.

I have to admit it has been pretty nice in the evening and early morning here in LW, FL. But watch out for the middle of the day, it has been really hot around 1:00pm.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 AM

364 posts, read 721,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA TO NIOTA 2010 View Post
I have to admit it has been pretty nice in the evening and early morning here in LW, FL. But watch out for the middle of the day, it has been really hot around 1:00pm.
Yea it is pretty brutal midday but at least my son can go out and play in the evening. Before this week it was impossible to play outside at all.

Last edited by WOWAddict; 09-21-2010 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Typing faster than I think

Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 AM

8 posts, read 5,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOWAddict View Post

I moved to FL last Sept and the weather seems to be about the same as last year at this same time.
I love the sun and the beach too much to give it up totally.
It starts to get more enjoyable about this time if year in FL...if I ever do leave FL, it would be during the summer months...I'd stay the winters there! I don't do cold to well! lol

Old 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM

8,930 posts, read 7,268,441 times
According to Weather.com we hit 100F here today. Should be cooling down slightly for the rest of the week. I won't hold my breath.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 5 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,031,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelAngelRuth View Post
LOL
I'd rather sweat to death than freeze! I think doing the "snowbird" thing is the perfect answer...although, I'm not sure I'd pick TN for the summers, it gets pretty hot and humid there too...maybe NC...it's pretty nice there!
Whoa. North Carolina is incredibly humid with a very uncomfortable dewpoint. The closer you get to the coast, the more it feels like south Florida. No. Thank. You.

Once again, West Tennessee, and a good portion of Middle Tennessee, do not have the same weather as East Tennessee.

Further, although it has been cooler here, the heat has been record breaking. In Knoxville, we average 31 days a year over 90. The record is 78 days. Know how many days of over 90 degrees we have had this year? 76. So this is not the norm.

It was 91 yesterday. It is 81 right now. It will be 84 on Saturday and 81 on Sunday. And we have very mild winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee