U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 AM

33,490 posts, read 31,536,033 times

Advertisements

"The Film Commission said it needs the publicís help. It's trying to find the perfect location to film a couple of projects it's trying to land for the state for major movies. 'They're looking for a rustic cabin, something that looks like it could be lived in, but it's not in great shape. It needs to be secluded and be big enough to put a film crew inside,' said Raines. It also needs some Civil War-era settings."

They are also looking for unique places.

For more details and the e-mail address where you can send photos to if you think you know of any places that might fit what they are looking for:

Tenn. Film Commission Asks Public For Help - Entertainment News Story - WSMV Nashville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 10:16 AM

15,203 posts, read 10,140,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"The Film Commission said it needs the publicís help. It's trying to find the perfect location to film a couple of projects it's trying to land for the state for major movies. 'They're looking for a rustic cabin, something that looks like it could be lived in, but it's not in great shape. It needs to be secluded and be big enough to put a film crew inside,' said Raines. It also needs some Civil War-era settings."

They are also looking for unique places.

For more details and the e-mail address where you can send photos to if you think you know of any places that might fit what they are looking for:

Tenn. Film Commission Asks Public For Help - Entertainment News Story - WSMV Nashville
Laura....maybe my old log cabin would fit the bill........"NOT"...

Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 AM

33,490 posts, read 31,536,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Laura....maybe my old log cabin would fit the bill........"NOT"...
I think that "put a film crew inside" is kind of funny because the exterior house doesn't have to be the same as the interior house when you make a movie. I know of a movie where the interior of a bar was filmed at one location and the exterior of the same bar in the movie was filmed someplace else. You might get big bucks for it.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:10 AM

9,745 posts, read 13,320,698 times
Odd, I recently gave some rustic "props" to a couple of people who said they were working on a set for a film in the area. They said their budget was extremely low for props, so they had been searching for free stuff. Now I'm wondering if this could be the same as one of the films mentioned in the article.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:38 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,994,622 times
They should worry as much about convincing the state to make incentives competitive to Louisiana, Georgia, etc, so filmmakers that want to film in TN can. The Blind Side anyone? Can we have progressive, competitive leadership on something that can benefit all three parts of the state FOR ONCE?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:41 PM

15,203 posts, read 10,140,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think that "put a film crew inside" is kind of funny because the exterior house doesn't have to be the same as the interior house when you make a movie. I know of a movie where the interior of a bar was filmed at one location and the exterior of the same bar in the movie was filmed someplace else. You might get big bucks for it.
Well....it is pretty rustic with wall to wall dirt floors....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or