U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of the following cities in TN do you think is the best place to live, work, and play?
Memphis 7 21.88%
Nashville 13 40.63%
Chattanooga 5 15.63%
Knoxville 8 25.00%
Other 8 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:01 PM

14 posts, read 59,260 times

Advertisements

This is a fun thread about what you think is the best city in Tennessee for living and list your reasons for thinking so. Sharing Pros and Cons would be a plus.

Memphis (incl. surburbs)

Nashville (incl. surburbs)

Chattanooga (incl. surburbs)

Knoxville (incl. surburbs)

Other (If you vote Other on the poll, please leave a comment with city name and your reasons.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 05:01 PM

23,869 posts, read 22,743,579 times
Wartburg has everything I need... Glorious trees ~ rivers ~ mountains~ and reality

Old 08-21-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Wartburg has everything I need... Glorious trees ~ rivers ~ mountains~ and reality
I agree with you on the beauty of Tennessee based on travel and pictures of Eastern Tennessee.

I have only been to Western and Middle parts of the state. I can't wait to visit Eastern TN when I go checking out Knoxville and UT Graduate School.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:22 PM

157 posts, read 367,425 times
Rural west TN. Rutherford Friendly small towns

Old 08-21-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgiloveTN View Post
Rural west TN. Rutherford Friendly small towns
Aren't most Tennesseans friendly? I heard TN is one of the friendliest states slightly behind the Hospitality State of Mississippi.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 PM

62 posts, read 250,244 times
I voted for both Knoxville and Nashville.

Knoxville is a beautiful college town despite its hillybilly and redneck cultures and being in the buckle of the Bible Belt.

I went to UT football game once with my cousin who went there.

I dread that orange color but hey, it's Orange Nation there. LOL!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:39 AM

22,553 posts, read 47,237,095 times
Wartburg? I had no idea you were moving there, Tinman. That isn't that far from me and I'm really excited!

Redneck and hillbilly, huh?

Knoxville is a large metropolitan area with a lot of transplants and extremely smart and friendly natives. The school system is good, the unemployment rate is the best of all of the largest metros in the state and the climate is fabulous. Cost of living is excellent.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 PM

23,869 posts, read 22,743,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Wartburg? I had no idea you were moving there, Tinman. That isn't that far from me and I'm really excited!

Redneck and hillbilly, huh?

Knoxville is a large metropolitan area with a lot of transplants and extremely smart and friendly natives. The school system is good, the unemployment rate is the best of all of the largest metros in the state and the climate is fabulous. Cost of living is excellent.
Yeap!! Rocking Chair ~ back pourch... and country that's me...

Old 08-23-2010, 01:28 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,652,386 times
I must confess that I am unable to make a selection. I like all of the choices. In fact, I like a few other cities (Murfreesboro, Jackson, Tri-Cities) that aren't even on the list. Each Tennessee city is quite different from the others. They all offer some unique something that makes each of them special in their own way.

I like my state. Lots.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:34 PM

200 posts, read 616,531 times
I would think the WINTERS w/b better in CHATT versus anywhere else - but then again they get ICE more than snow - correct? My hubby and I are looking at both Nashv and Chatt - we have a manufacturing biz and I heard that CHATT has a great manuf. incubator (to help businesses) Any opinions out there? THX!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee