Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,792 times

Advertisements

Cookeville TN consistantly ranks in the top 10 most affordable cities to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:35 PM

35 posts, read 166,171 times
The Ooltewah or Soddy Daisy areas near Chattanooga would be a good fit for your family... plenty of truck driving jobs especially with all of the growth and building taking place in the Chattanooga region. Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah are growing but are out just enough to close to everything while being somewhat removed from the busy downtown area. For your kids there's the Creative Discovery Museum, the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX 3-D theater, minor league baseball,,,the world's longest pedestrian bridge, Coolidge Park-- these all within walking distance of a world class waterfront where right now the Riverbend Festival is taking place this week. The event averages anywhere from 70k - 100k people a night bringing in musical acts from all genres. You can google any of these things mentioned to find out more information. Chattanooga is and has won numerous awards for it's revitilization efforts and has become a model for many cities. All of East Tennessee is a nice area to live... very scenic...

Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 5,866 times
Default From Nj Too

I Live In Nj Now But Moving Around Jan / Feb Of Next Year. I'll Be Looking For Work In The Carpentry Field. I Have Skills In All Phases Of House Construction. I Am Currently The Shop Supervisor For A Custom Structure Company Moderator cut: link

I Bought A Place In Trenton,tn. In July To Get Away From The Ignorance Of Nj Living.

Anyone Out There Wanna Say Hi ????????

Last edited by mbmouse; 11-05-2007 at 09:21 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weido woodworking View Post
I Live In Nj Now But Moving Around Jan / Feb Of Next Year. I'll Be Looking For Work In The Carpentry Field. I Have Skills In All Phases Of House Construction. I Am Currently The Shop Supervisor For A Custom Structure Company.....medfordcedar.com.....

I Bought A Place In Trenton,tn. In July To Get Away From The Ignorance Of Nj Living.

Anyone Out There Wanna Say Hi ????????
Well, okay, hi!

Now build me some new bookcases. ;-)

Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,630 times
The eastern part of TN is affordable. How much are you looking to spend?

Hey from TN. It is a great state. I lived up in Maine, down in Florida and now in TN. I would not choose any other place. Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Does anyone remember when channel 6 was the independant, and was in that round building? I remember watching Banana Splits and scooby-doo as a kid as well as Tom and Jerry and Woody Woodpecker. Oh and the Big Wlison night owl movies....LOL!

take a look at this....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PqBBxjslYvg[/color]]YouTube - WCIX Super Summertime Contest 1984

Last edited by mbmouse; 11-05-2007 at 09:21 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 PM

117 posts, read 447,417 times
Benton County is very affordable. Close to the Tn river, rolling hills, nice people. My sister tells me there are several trucking companies in Camden always looking for reliable drivers.
Richard

Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,458 times
Looking to transfer with labcorp to TN...they have listed lots of post for brighton..Brentwood..selmar (i think is how its spelled) Chattanooga Knowville..etc...but i want small country life for me and my girls...can u help me? Cheap living for a single parent

Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smslabcorp View Post
Looking to transfer with labcorp to TN...they have listed lots of post for brighton..Brentwood..selmar (i think is how its spelled) Chattanooga Knowville..etc...but i want small country life for me and my girls...can u help me? Cheap living for a single parent
Brighton (Tipton County) is about 45 minutes outside of Memphis. I honestly know nothing about the town, but I would guess it is pretty rural.

Selmer (McNairy County) is the most isolated of the cities you mentioned. 45 minutes from anywhere of real size (Jackson, TN) and an hour and a half to two hours from a city (Memphis). You could definitely find your country life there.

Brentwood (Williamson County) is an affluent suburb of Nashville. It is possible to live the country life and commute to Brentwood, but you will have to deal with a longer commute and a lot of traffic. The rural areas close to Brentwood are quite expensive...and a lot of the outlying areas are growing quickly...so you might find that your desired country life is becoming less and less country.

Chattanooga and Knoxville are good sized cities. You can find a nice country lifestyle not far away, so if you don't mind commuting to a city, then these might be decent options for you.

There is a pretty big difference between West Tennessee (Brighton and Selmer) Middle Tennessee (Middle Tennessee) and East Tennessee (Chattanooga and Knoxville) both culturally and geographically. Are there any aspects about the country life that you are particularly interested in? What else is important to you? Do you have a preference to flat land or hills?

Old 11-20-2014, 05:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
Lawrence county is very affordable, quiet and beautiful for the most part. the crowning jewel is ethridge which is Amish country and the Amish make wonderful neighbors. it is so much fun to drive up to the farms buying goods from them and they can a nice roof on for you dirt cheap. houses are cheap, acreage is cheap, property taxes are low. you are safe there. the only downside is an animal lover may be turned off by all the hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee