Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:28 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times

Advertisements

Ahh. I knew I was reading between the lines and coming up with "one squeaky wheel that wants grease" in there somewhere. Thanks for filling in the blanks JMT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 09:55 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Isn't the area in question SOUTH of Kingston Pike heading towards Blount County?

I think I'm going to take a ride down there.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Isn't the area in question SOUTH of Kingston Pike heading towards Blount County?

I think I'm going to take a ride down there.

I'll let you know what I find out.
Hiknapster,

Before you take that drive . . .

I apologize for my inability to understand the sequence of this legislation. I posted a summary from the Tennessee General Assembly website and I shouldn’t have because it is very confusing (well, for me anyway). The summary is addressing modifications to the original Senate/House bills by Amendment-1 that is deleted and changed by Amendment-2. The entire bill has become Public Chapter No. 431 and is very short.

Quote:

. . . Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 54-17-114(a)(2)(E), is amended by deleting the comma after the language “zoned ‘TC-1 (Town Center)’” and by substituting instead the language “, or zoned C-6 from the east right-of-way line of Keller Bend Road at Northshore to the east right-of-way line of Pellissippi Parkway,”.

http://www.tennessee.gov/sos/acts/105/pub/pc0431.pdf

I found Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 54-17-114 that specifies the Scenic Road System in its Part 1:

(a) For the purposes of this part, the following are initially designated scenic highways:
(2) Class II — Rural Roads.

(E) That portion of Northshore Drive in Knox County from its intersection with Lyons View Drive and Westland Drive west to Loudon County; provided, that the height restrictions on buildings imposed by § 54-17-115 shall not apply to that property along Northshore Drive within Knox County, which is now or, subsequent to April 22, 2005, zoned “TC-1 (Town Center)”, or any similar zoning category, under the zoning ordinances of the city of Knoxville;

Legal Resources

AFTER the enactment of this bill, the above paragraph will be (addition my emphasis):

(E) That portion of Northshore Drive in Knox County from its intersection with Lyons View Drive and Westland Drive west to Loudon County; provided, that the height restrictions on buildings imposed by § 54-17-115 shall not apply to that property along Northshore Drive within Knox County, which is now or, subsequent to April 22, 2005, zoned “TC-1 (Town Center)”, or zoned C-6 from the east right-of-way line of Keller Bend Road at Northshore to the east right-of-way line of Pellissippi Parkway, or any similar zoning category, under the zoning ordinances of the city of Knoxville;

Instead of the confusing language in the summary (that actually refers to removing language from Amendment-1), “. . . Pellissippi Parkway within Knox County and located between Kingston Pike and Interstate 75/40,” it is now, “. . . from the east right-of-way line of Keller Bend Road at Northshore to the east right-of-way line of Pellissippi Parkway.”

So . . . Does that change things at all regarding the damage to the scenic area? Is that a bigger or smaller area?

Old 07-04-2007, 12:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I'm not sure. I'm so confused that I'm getting a headache!

But I think it is the area that I'm thinking of. I think it is SOUTH of Kingston Pike to Northshore, heading toward Blount County. I could be wrong. If it IS the area, then yes, it is close to an overdeveloped area, but it just means that it is now going to be encroaching on other areas, which seems to be par for the course around here.

I think they are confusing us on purpose.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:03 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,852 times
Default Pretty tricky, all those politicos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm not sure. I'm so confused that I'm getting a headache!

But I think it is the area that I'm thinking of. I think it is SOUTH of Kingston Pike to Northshore, heading toward Blount County. I could be wrong. If it IS the area, then yes, it is close to an overdeveloped area, but it just means that it is now going to be encroaching on other areas, which seems to be par for the course around here.

I think they are confusing us on purpose.
I agree! Some of the diction and syntax used is bizarre. And they’re pretty sneaky, too. I was reading the original House Bill 2186 by McCord (I’ll be doing some research on this McCord) that started the whole thing. Check out this sentence from the bill:

“SECTION 3. Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 54-17-115, is amended by deleting the section in its entirety.”

Here’s the title of Section 54-17-115: “Building restrictions near scenic highways.”—

The Section specifies ALL of the restrictions. This original bill was proposing the elimination of all of the restrictions for buildings near any of our scenic highways!

Fortunately, Amendment No. 2 took care of this and other tricky language and reduced the final Act to what was adopted.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,845 times
Default Child Support

Has anybody heard about any new recent child support changes? I heard a snippit on the radio but did not hear the content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee