Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:52 PM

23 posts, read 76,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
It has a lot to so with it. You can't complain about some other HUMAN (they are human) when the same person in your own back yard is doing it. Its like telling one child not to talk back, then allowing another? You say there will always be bums, 36yr olds who live at home "bums", winos, etc. This is ok? Again, PLEASE don't teach your kids this. It doesn't have to be this way. Get a good education and a good job and stop the tax payers from paying for their rent and food! Once we fix what is wrong in our own "yard" then we can help the "neighbors" fix their problems. This does start at home.

So your saying only illegals get free lunches? Of course not! Americans get it too. You say you work fo rthe school then you know this.

Nothing to do with government. Blame the employer not big brother.
Nothing to do with Government. Who writes/passes immigration legislation? It sure isn't me. I don't think it is any one of my neighbors either. I believe it is our representatives, i.e. government. About the free lunches, part of my job is to audit free lunches, after school snacks, and other free programs. You can google the statistics and you will see what I'm talking about. I think you will be surprised by the percentages. Check out the McKenney Vento Grant and see if you can get some of the stats. One word of explanation. McKenney Vento is for homeless children and families. If more than one family lives in a house/apartment everyone except person on lease or mortgage is "homeless". I do indeed see others getting free lunches but not in the huge majority we are seeing now with hispanics. I do believe these children deserve a warm meal, I believe they deserve a better life, I just don't know how were can take care of all of them.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Respectfully Disagree

Quote:
It has a lot to so with it. You can't complain about some other HUMAN (they are human) when the same person in your own back yard is doing it. Its like telling one child not to talk back, then allowing another? You say there will always be bums, 36yr olds who live at home "bums", winos, etc. This is ok? Again, PLEASE don't teach your kids this. It doesn't have to be this way. Get a good education and a good job and stop the tax payers from paying for their rent and food! Once we fix what is wrong in our own "yard" then we can help the "neighbors" fix their problems. This does start at home.

So your saying only illegals get free lunches? Of course not! Americans get it too. You say you work fo rthe school then you know this.

Nothing to do with government. Blame the employer not big brother.
Nothing to do with Government. Who writes/passes immigration legislation? It sure isn't me. I don't think it is any one of my neighbors either. I believe it is our representatives, i.e. government. About the free lunches, part of my job is to audit free lunches, after school snacks, and other free programs. You can google the statistics and you will see what I'm talking about. I think you will be surprised by the percentages. Check out the McKenney Vento Grant and see if you can get some of the stats. One word of explanation. McKenney Vento is for homeless children and families. If more than one family lives in a house/apartment everyone except person on lease or mortgage is "homeless". I do indeed see others getting free lunches but not in the huge majority we are seeing now with hispanics. I do believe these children deserve a warm meal, I believe they deserve a better life, I just don't know how were can take care of all of them.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 PM

408 posts, read 1,977,351 times
Quote:
I went to the local paper and saw VERY FEW people making $20hr, your saying illegals are making more. Do you here that people? Illegals make more the people that are educated

No. To have no house payment
Huh?

The paper hardly tells you the amounts people make, at least for good jobs. Many will say salary negotiable. Not sure what paper you are reading, but it wasn't one from here. And here many people do work for $6 to $8 dollars an hour. That is at least what you tend to start with in jobs like retail or service. Most jobs just do not state in the paper what they pay. Occasionally, you will see something like a nursing job saying $35 an hour or something. If you are looking at a California paper, you must remember that it costs more to live out there. And yes, illegals are asking my friend's husband Brian, for at least $15 an hour to do drywall. He doesn't even pay his son and nephew that much. A regular old construction job does not pay much. You usually only make a lot if you have a craft.
Did you know illegals drive 18 wheelers? Here we give them driver's licenses and apparently they can go get a rig license too. With a good route and never being home, you can make $100,000. So an illegal can make a lot more than a regular old citizen. I know about the 18 wheelers because one, of course had a wreck. I think it killed someone.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:27 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythesea View Post
Did you vote? Have you went to the town meetings? Sorry to be the one that tells you, this forum isn't going to help. Start writing and going to town meetings.

Explain what you do when you audit? Do you go to the home? Do you check paycheck stubs? I have never seen a school check for paycheck stubs nor visit a house that claims this. Never! These are Americans refusing to work and getting a free meal. Do the kids deserve it...OF COURSE! But, then make the parents come into the school and help out. Something.

Again, before you pick on the illegals, start in your own home town. This is ALL I am getting at.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanesmooch View Post
Huh?

The paper hardly tells you the amounts people make, at least for good jobs. Many will say salary negotiable. Not sure what paper you are reading, but it wasn't one from here. And here many people do work for $6 to $8 dollars an hour. That is at least what you tend to start with in jobs like retail or service. Most jobs just do not state in the paper what they pay. Occasionally, you will see something like a nursing job saying $35 an hour or something. If you are looking at a California paper, you must remember that it costs more to live out there. And yes, illegals are asking my friend's husband Brian, for at least $15 an hour to do drywall. He doesn't even pay his son and nephew that much. A regular old construction job does not pay much. You usually only make a lot if you have a craft.
Did you know illegals drive 18 wheelers? Here we give them driver's licenses and apparently they can go get a rig license too. With a good route and never being home, you can make $100,000. So an illegal can make a lot more than a regular old citizen. I know about the 18 wheelers because one, of course had a wreck. I think it killed someone.
I did read some where about this. I also read that the feds stepped in and took control over the DMV's that were doing this.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Did you vote? Have you went to the town meetings? Sorry to be the one that tells you, this forum isn't going to help. Start writing and going to town meetings.

Explain what you do when you audit? Do you go to the home? Do you check paycheck stubs? I have never seen a school check for paycheck stubs nor visit a house that claims this. Never! These are Americans refusing to work and getting a free meal. Do the kids deserve it...OF COURSE! But, then make the parents come into the school and help out. Something.

Again, before you pick on the illegals, start in your own home town. This is ALL I am getting at.

I have never missed a vote in my entire life. My two children were raised to be exceptional citizens, as well. We are well educated, informed and participate in our community. It appears you just like to be disagreeable. Look up audit. I audit per the state of California regulations for the position I hold. You seem to have a huge anger for Americans. Where did that come from? Where do you live that Americans can stay home and have the rent paid or eat a meal? In California the people you are discribing are on the street. They are sleep in alleys, they aren't home watching Oprah on TV. You have some very old information that you are holding on to . You don't want to do the homework about welfare and homelessness and unemployment etc. Unfortunately you are out of touch. Do you honestly think it would be LEGAL to go to someone's house and demand paycheck stubs for any reason? You should not tell people to "start in your own home town" before you know what that person does. You assume you know something you don't. Your tone is very angry and it is misplaced.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:46 AM

408 posts, read 1,977,351 times
Quote:
I did read some where about this. I also read that the feds stepped in and took control over the DMV's that were doing this.
That is not true. The feds do nothing about TN giving out licenses to illegals. TN added some legislation that you needed to show you had an address here- like having your name on the electric bill and that is all they need. Many of the surrounding states are mad at us for giving them out because illegals will get a license here and go to like NC or VA. They are involved in a lot of hit and runs since they are scared of being caught. I wish the feds would stop them from handing out licences.
Just a few months ago there was a person or two in Murfreesboro who got in trouble for selling licenses on the side to illegals. Not sure why they were selling them, I guess it was just a way to con them or make sure they passed the written exam.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I have never missed a vote in my entire life. My two children were raised to be exceptional citizens, as well. We are well educated, informed and participate in our community. It appears you just like to be disagreeable. Look up audit. I audit per the state of California regulations for the position I hold. You seem to have a huge anger for Americans. Where did that come from? Where do you live that Americans can stay home and have the rent paid or eat a meal? In California the people you are discribing are on the street. They are sleep in alleys, they aren't home watching Oprah on TV. You have some very old information that you are holding on to . You don't want to do the homework about welfare and homelessness and unemployment etc. Unfortunately you are out of touch. Do you honestly think it would be LEGAL to go to someone's house and demand paycheck stubs for any reason? You should not tell people to "start in your own home town" before you know what that person does. You assume you know something you don't. Your tone is very angry and it is misplaced.
I was born in California. Lived here my whole life. No anger at all. Really. Just tired of people saying its the illegals, when Americans are just as bad. Period. Its funny how when people disagree its "anger" because they don't say what you want. Maybe they just disagree.

Actually it is. Thought you were educated? You can demand paycheck stubs when application is submited. The utility company ask for it when you want C.A.R.E added. You can say your secret service and I would never know. This is a forum. No way to verify.

Bottom line is this. An Application gets submitted and the parent gets a way with a free lunch for the kids. You admit, no way to verify income. You must be out of touch I posted a video on here which showed Schools going to houses, yes sir, they showed up to verify if the child lived in the district. It was one person job to do so. If the child wasn't allowed, they were removed. Get this, he was even allowed to come into the house to check the closet to see if the clothes were there. If parent denied, child was removed. So, I say again Ms. Audit, start checking the parents who get free lunches. If they can go to the house for a "district check" they can do a "free lunch check". Might force some parents to get a job and save us tax payers some money.

Again, before we start fixing other foreign country problems with "illegals" we need to start in our own back yard and clean house.

Last edited by TornadoAlley; 08-20-2006 at 11:47 AM..

Old 08-20-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I was born in California. Lived here my whole life. No anger at all. Really. Just tired of people saying its the illegals, when Americans are just as bad. Period. Its funny how when people disagree its "anger" because they don't say what you want. Maybe they just disagree.

Actually it is. Thought you were educated? You can demand paycheck stubs when application is submited. The utility company ask for it when you want C.A.R.E added. You can say your secret service and I would never know. This is a forum. No way to verify.

Bottom line is this. An Application gets submitted and the parent gets a way with a free lunch for the kids. You admit, no way to verify income. You must be out of touch I posted a video on here which showed Schools going to houses, yes sir, they showed up to verify if the child lived in the district. It was one person job to do so. If the child wasn't allowed, they were removed. Get this, he was even allowed to come into the house to check the closet to see if the clothes were there. If parent denied, child was removed. So, I say again Ms. Audit, start checking the parents who get free lunches. If they can go to the house for a "district check" they can do a "free lunch check". Might force some parents to get a job and save us tax payers some money.

Again, before we start fixing other foreign country problems with "illegals" we need to start in our own back yard and clean house.
I cannot believe you just said the above. I don't know what the Video portrayed, but we do not have a Free Lunch Police Force in California. MR. Americans Are Lazy And On Welfare... So Lets Let Everyone In The World Get Welfare TOO!

Old 08-20-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I cannot believe you just said the above. I don't know what the Video portrayed, but we do not have a Free Lunch Police Force in California. MR. Americans Are Lazy And On Welfare... So Lets Let Everyone In The World Get Welfare TOO!
It wasn't free lunches. It was a "district" enforcement. I recommended the "free lunches" do the same.

Get educated and watch the video. Do a search. It was on Date-Line NBC. I also posted the link here too awhile back.

Again, please read it all. Never said that. All I said is before you complain about others, take a look around. IE; before we send billions to help other countries with food, keep it here and help the homeless, before we complain about illegals getting free medical, look at our own Americans getting welfare and not working because the lady has five kids by five dads.

Last edited by TornadoAlley; 08-20-2006 at 02:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee