Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 7,208 times

Advertisements

I'm a Minnesotian, where it's very cold for long months, burrr....ha ha ha. Looking to relocate to Tenn. area(where it's warmer) this Fall- anybody know any good, safe neighborhoods near Memp. Knoxville, Chatanooga? How about good computer jobs, decent housing in safe, low-crime nieghborhoods, parks, good high schools to suggest; is there a lot of community in this state? Are there a lot of activities for kids to do down there? How about diversity? If not, What areas in tenn. have the most 'community' involvement & diversity? Any insight will be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2006, 06:09 PM

130 posts, read 566,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possibilities2006
I'm a Minnesotian, where it's very cold for long months, burrr....ha ha ha. Looking to relocate to Tenn. area(where it's warmer) this Fall- anybody know any good, safe neighborhoods near Memp. Knoxville, Chatanooga? How about good computer jobs, decent housing in safe, low-crime nieghborhoods, parks, good high schools to suggest; is there a lot of community in this state? Are there a lot of activities for kids to do down there? How about diversity? If not, What areas in tenn. have the most 'community' involvement & diversity? Any insight will be helpful
In a word, from what I have seen and heard....Maryville.

Top schools, minimal crime, good sense of community with a lot of pride, decent employment, affordable housing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "diversity" but if it is what I think it is....um, not really. Not to be rude, just familiar with the demographics.

Joe

Old 03-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Thanks Joe P - that's a start

Old 03-09-2006, 12:11 PM

460 posts, read 1,139,811 times
Diversity? Not too popular here. Whether it be diversity of thought or skin tone. Community involvment -- hope you like church. Sorry. I moved here about 3 years ago and looking to move on, as this has been my impression.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the input INTN. What part of Tennessee do you live? I hope to think it's not that bad. Know anything about SE Tenn.?

Last edited by Possibilities2006; 03-09-2006 at 04:35 PM..

Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 PM

138 posts, read 637,573 times
Do you know anything about SW Tennessee, near Waynesboro? I am looking to move to the area and I'd like to buy a house on at least 50 acres. It looks like there is some affordable land. I'd appreciate any information on the area.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:17 AM

460 posts, read 1,139,811 times
Possibilities2006: It's not bad, if it is your cup of tea, it just is not for me. I think it is a good place for those that want that slower pace and are of a retirement age. I live N. of Knoxville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee