Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,951,773 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about retiring to Tennessee since I've heard so many good things about the state. I'm a boater and would love to get a waterfront home that has a dock and it can be on a lake or river but with plenty of cruising range. What are the better areas for waterfront homes in the ~350K range +/- 150K?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,747,298 times
I'm not up on homes on the water in these parts (Knoxville area) but have heard that you can travel all the way to the Mississippi if you wish from East Tennessee starting on the Little Tennessee River. I was not sure if that is what you'd like for a cruising range. One place that comes to mind would be Tellico Village in Loudon.

Tellico Village | Tellico Village Loudon County TN | Knoxville Planned Residential Community | Tellico Village Golf Course | Tellico Lake Community | Tennessee Yacht Club | Tellico Village Lenior City TN | Tellico Lake Boating

Tennessee River, Tennessee Travel and Vacation Guide - Visitor Information

There's water frontage in Knox county in several areas and along a couple of rivers. In Blount parts of Louisville has beautiful river view homes that might have water frontage and but as to price you'd need to get in touch with a real estate agent for possible neighborhoods and which areas have legal dock access.

I am sure others can give you info for other parts of TN.

To help you research more here are a few local river names: Tennessee, Little Tennessee, Clinch, French Broad and Holston.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
I'm not up on homes on the water in these parts (Knoxville area) but have heard that you can travel all the way to the Mississippi if you wish from East Tennessee starting on the Little Tennessee River. I was not sure if that is what you'd like for a cruising range. One place that comes to mind would be Tellico Village in Loudon.

Tellico Village | Tellico Village Loudon County TN | Knoxville Planned Residential Community | Tellico Village Golf Course | Tellico Lake Community | Tennessee Yacht Club | Tellico Village Lenior City TN | Tellico Lake Boating

Tennessee River, Tennessee Travel and Vacation Guide - Visitor Information

There's water frontage in Knox county in several areas and along a couple of rivers. In Blount parts of Louisville has beautiful river view homes that might have water frontage and but as to price you'd need to get in touch with a real estate agent for possible neighborhoods and which areas have legal dock access.

I am sure others can give you info for other parts of TN.

To help you research more here are a few local river names: Tennessee, Little Tennessee, Clinch, French Broad and Holston.
Thanks for the info.
That would be great if I can get to the Mississippi from east Tennessee. For boaters the ultimate cruise is the Great Loop which the Mississippi is part of.

http://www.greatloop.org/files/image/map%20seasons.png

Last edited by Beretta; 11-14-2010 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 11-14-2010, 03:15 PM

909 posts, read 1,059,476 times
Check out THIS blue water...

Grand Harbor Marina at Pickwick Lake

Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 PM

359 posts, read 1,096,565 times
watts bar lake is a good lake,because the lake vearys only 4-6 ft and its a lot cheaper than tellaco also not land locked and you can find a house with a dock for 350k not in tellaco,good luck

Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the replies!
I have been looking (internet) near the Knoxville area and have looked at Watts Bar Lake. Also looked at the Dale Hollow Lake area. I plan on making a few visits next year.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 PM

359 posts, read 1,096,565 times
don look at lakehouse.com the state then the lake.lots of houses good luck

Old 11-15-2010, 07:36 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,433,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I'm thinking about retiring to Tennessee since I've heard so many good things about the state. I'm a boater and would love to get a waterfront home that has a dock and it can be on a lake or river but with plenty of cruising range. What are the better areas for waterfront homes in the ~350K range +/- 150K?

Thanks in advance
very good ideas...

Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald cherry View Post
don look at lakehouse.com the state then the lake.lots of houses good luck
Thanks for the link!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee