U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:06 AM

2,017 posts, read 4,698,587 times

Advertisements

Hugs Tinman and happy Thanksgiving! I have to ask how many times you uttered the words"I'm naked and basted, this can't be good"?????
Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 11:46 AM

23,651 posts, read 21,983,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Hugs Tinman and happy Thanksgiving! I have to ask how many times you uttered the words"I'm naked and basted, this can't be good"?????
Pam

You have the song from Barry White playing in the back ground with a naked turkey standing in a roaster pan with gravy pouring over it......to really have a image in your mind.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 PM

419 posts, read 636,434 times
Thank you all for sharing your stories and thoughts on this Thanksgiving day. Your posts certainly added to my day.

Hik, Pam & JoAnn, I so appreciate your well wishes. Warm & fuzzy wishes from some of the loving & caring people who live in the great state of Tennessee.

I have only been here for 1 year and unfortunately my travel has been limited due to my back issues. However, I plan on being on the road come Spring with my trusty GPS. Someday, I would love to meet all of you. Afterall, it is a breeze of a trip from Kingsport to Knoxville. Then, I will set my sights on the Plateau. Wow, I think I am day dreaming & rambling. So, I had better stop and let y'all have your dinner.

Blessings to all!

Old 11-25-2010, 03:52 PM

363 posts, read 510,638 times
How did she do it? To this day, I don't know.

As I stood in my kitchen this afternoon, trying to figure out how to 'constantly stir the gravy' AND mash the potatoes at the same time, my thoughts were drawn back in time to childhood memories of Thanksgiving. And Mom.

The mother of 6 rambunctious kids (7 if you include my dad), she was able to put together a Thanksgiving Day feast for 8 people, sometimes 10 if her in-laws joined us, with very little help.

We kids were supposed to be in the living room watching the Macy's Day parade under the watchful eye of dad while mom did her magic in the kitchen. But of course, one or 2 of us were under foot, wanting to lick the beaters (back before we knew about samonella poisoning) or wanting a celery stick and even with all those distractions, Mom pulled it off.

A perfect Thanksgiving Day feast, with many blessings of having the family together and 4 of us fighting over the drumsticks.

By now, it's not just the turkey that's stuffed, right?

Happy Thanksgiving all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee