U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:42 PM

15,205 posts, read 10,311,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'll bring the potato salad!

And the cocoa...
I've got the wood....
Have the 4 wheeler ready to go....just in case I have to go to town for bread and milk next week....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 03:15 PM

5,232 posts, read 13,562,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Bring your truck, we'll load it up and have a BBQ next to the snow men.....

Good 2" on the ground now...
Oh don't tempt me! That would be wonderful!

Quote:
I'll bring the potato salad!

And the cocoa...
Ya tease!! You can't come play right now and you know it! Don't tease me - I'm dying to meet ya'll!!!!

Quote:
Hik, try to stay warm over there....

Heavy snow at the moment on the plateau....might hibernate for the rest of the week...

Tonight.....
"Snow showers in the evening...then snow showers likely after midnight. Breezy. Very cold. Snow accumulation of 2 to 3 inches. Total snow accumulation 4 to 6 inches. Lows around 13. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Lowest wind chill values around 5 below".

Monday Night....
"Mostly clear. Very cold. Lows around 7. Light northwest winds".
So jealous! We've still got snow coming down but it's not adding to what's on the ground. Temps in the 20s with wind chill in the teens, so it's cold enough to be piling up but it's not. Making me nuts!

Am quite grateful we took out that loan though and put in central heat and air. I can't imagine trying to heat this house right now with space heaters!

Old 12-12-2010, 03:36 PM

15,205 posts, read 10,311,766 times
Sounds like a Florida hurricane party "Tennessee style" shaping up....

Old 12-12-2010, 03:39 PM

11,480 posts, read 25,714,158 times
Quote:
LOL, Could you kind ppl post some pics?

Old 12-12-2010, 03:48 PM

22,534 posts, read 46,092,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Shoot, Becky, it just got dark. I'll take some tomorrow for you!

mrs1885, I will meet you soon, I promise. I was just too shook up a couple of months back.

And darn, the heater is pushing out cold air, again. We've been fighting with this darn thing all week. grrrrr...

Old 12-12-2010, 03:50 PM

11,480 posts, read 25,714,158 times
Quote:

mrs1885, I will meet you soon, I promise. I was just too shook up a couple of months back.

And darn, the heater is pushing out cold air, again. We've been fighting with this darn thing all week. grrrrr...
Thanks, hope you get the heater working. Stay warm!

Old 12-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I like it!!!! Yes, yes, yes!! When everyone can that would be wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
See below! Not the party, but the snow. For now! I'll get some pics when we have the party tho if it's ok with those there to post.

Quote:

Looking forward to it! Hope you get that heater going. I know how miserable it is here with no heat. We played that game for four years. Yuck!

Took the dogs out back and was surprised that we do actually finally have snow! Not a lot, but it's better than it was and they say it's still coming down tonight, so maybe tomorrow will be real snow. Or at least something that closely resembles it!

Hang on......... Pics are too big. Need to re-size!

Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Ok, we'll just do PB links!

And the dogs having fun

Old 12-12-2010, 04:35 PM

1,754 posts, read 3,597,925 times
Hik- You probably already know this, but... a heat pump is only good until it hits thirty or so, then the auxilary hit kicks in. That's still only good for another 10 degrees or so. Then you should manually switch it over to emergency. A friend who is an HVAC tech told us to put the system on emergency BEFORE it gets cold enough for it, that way the system isn't trying to catch up. Stay warm, my friend.

Here in Morristown....
The hubs is iced in @ work in Knoxville. Thankfully the company has a motel onsite, so he's safe there. The horses and chickens (freshly bedded with fluffy hay) are snug in the barn, the outside dog's house has been turned from the entrance to the shed where it sits and has been rebedded with hay, the heat pump is on emergency for the downstairs, the upper is okay the way it is, the italian chicken is marinating for dinner, banana bread in the oven, cranberry bread in the bread maker.... brrrr.... hunkerin' down for a cold next few days.....

Old 12-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Hubby went to take dogs out back a bit ago. We've easily got a foot standing in the yard and probably double that in drifts against the back wall! Wind is blowing like mad and snow is still falling pretty hard. This is easily the most snow we've had in the 5 years we've been here. I'm so excited. I'll be out with the camera first thing in the morning to get pictures!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee