U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 AM

812 posts, read 708,119 times
Default Forum get together ?

I just had this wild idea with reading all the threads about ex-Floridians now living in E. TN. How about we all get together once a quarter or so and have a get together. We can talk about the things we miss, the things we don't miss and maybe just laugh and have some drinks. Let me know if you guys think it's stupid, if not I'll see what I can do towards figuring out a time/place that's good.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 11:40 AM

8 posts, read 11,587 times
well I'm a current south Floridian. I recently purchased property in Bailyton TN, just outside Greeneville. I have 6 years left down here, but let me pause a moment and think about what makes up south Florida, that way I can ponder what Ill miss. Hmm lets see, rude people, criminals, corruption,high taxes, high insurance, traffic, flags and bumper stickers from every country other than U.S., scam artist, hurricanes, etc. Okay Im not gonna miss anything. hope this helps you remember Florida hahahah

Old 07-12-2007, 01:38 PM

232 posts, read 401,537 times
Unfortunately, this is so true now. Not much to miss these days, but about 15-20 years ago, Florida was pretty nice.

I'm going to be coming up to the Knoxville are around Labor Day to check things out. Perhaps just the drinks will do...

Old 07-12-2007, 02:29 PM

7,285 posts, read 13,906,645 times
Drinks?? I'll be there! LOL Yea, I can't think of a single thing that I miss about FL either. Lets call it a "hallelujah, we are finally living where we belong and we made it out alive" get together? hahahhahaha
Would my hubby who is a native Tennessean be welcome too?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 PM

39 posts, read 99,515 times
Default I agree Most heartedly

Let me just say this------------

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-----I AGREE !

I have been here in Knoxville since March/April and have NO regrets!

LOVE IT here!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 PM

39 posts, read 99,515 times
Default Good Idea

OOPS!

YES ---Great Idea---Kinda like the ---Yankee Picnic Wes organizes here in Knoxville of which I MISSED this year because I had to go back to Florida to get the balance of our stuff,

Old 07-12-2007, 02:33 PM

21,626 posts, read 30,627,289 times
Well, I really had to think about this. I moved here to get away from Floridians.

Still, I got to admit, I've come across a LOT of really nice Floridians on this forum. And I think that Florida natives, or ones that lived there for a very long time, do pretty well here. They are southern, after all.

Here's the thing. There's this guy that has a website called KnoxvilleYankee. He came on here and invited everyone for a get-together. I didn't go. I didn't like the idea. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the whole thing left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Some things I can put my finger on and others, well, I 'm not too sure, but I had an uncomfortable feeling about the whole thing.

I'd much rather get together with EVERYONE on the Tennessee forum. Natives and foreigners, alike. We've hinted at it, but no one has made the official first move. I think that it is a pretty good idea.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM

7,285 posts, read 13,906,645 times
I Agree with Hiknapster and I can sure see her point. SO you brought it up Ted, what do you think? A City-Data get together in Knoxville somewhere? Would be a good in between place so those of us here in the Tri-Cities and those closer to Nashville and Chattanooga wouldn't all have to long of a drive?

Old 07-12-2007, 03:01 PM

I think drinks and food are a must, MBMouse. Ted can be the party planner and I can help, since we will soon be coworkers. Yes, you heard right. TedTAce and I will be working together! Now we can fight on here and at work, too!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 PM

I Pm'd TedTAce and told him that I made him the Official Party Planner. I told him he didn't need to thank me.

I'm on a roll now. Tomorrow's my day off, so I have a lot of time to scheme. I don't even have to go to bed at 8 or 9 p.m. <<Is that a grown that I hear?>>

Anyway, it would be nice if jimj could cook. And I will hold my breath until I pass out unless shen comes with some Polish food.

I'm just thinking out loud... The ideas are flowing...

MBMouse: Can you move this thread to the main Tennessee forum, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee