U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-07-2006, 05:47 PM

132 posts, read 361,695 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place I can buy a house on acreage (at least 50) fairly inexpensively (<$300,000) and the Waynesboro area seems like a possibility. Can someone tell me what the area is like? Why is it so much cheaper than other areas? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2006, 12:09 PM

Default lots of trees?

What is the topography like in south west or south central Tennessee, near Waynesboro? Are there many forests?

Old 01-19-2007, 08:50 PM

6 posts, read 13,826 times
Cool Did you decide on Waynesboro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn or ozark bound View Post
I am looking for a place I can buy a house on acreage (at least 50) fairly inexpensively (<$300,000) and the Waynesboro area seems like a possibility. Can someone tell me what the area is like? Why is it so much cheaper than other areas? Thanks.
We are looking to move out of Florida and retire to live off the land and are also looking at Waynesboro, was hoping someone had replied to your post! Usually if property is inexpensive there are lots of reasons!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny2007 View Post
We are looking to move out of Florida and retire to live off the land and are also looking at Waynesboro, was hoping someone had replied to your post! Usually if property is inexpensive there are lots of reasons!
We did go visit the area recently. I was told the reason it's so inexpensive is that there are few jobs. I'm not sure how you are planning to live off the land, but I was also told that it may be hard to farm because the ground is very rocky. I think the land is suitable for cattle. I heard about a farm commune, but didn't visit it.
http://www.thefarm.org/

Old 01-20-2007, 09:44 AM

1,408 posts, read 3,573,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny2007 View Post
Go to the main Tennessee page, do a search for Waynesboro. You'll see several threads already about the area. Waynesboro itself is a small country town. Lots of farmland (and trees) although much of the farmland is cleared. Also look at Savannah, Lawerenceburg, Ethridge (an Amish community) and other small towns/communities in that area. Have you looked in realtor.com or unitedcountry.com for what you want? And if you haven't visited there, please do so before even thinking about moving. ONe of the reasons the property is less expensive is that the area is not economically progressive at this point. It would probably be a good time to buy because it seems half the people in Florida are now trying to move to TN, albeit most seem to be moving to East TN.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:44 AM

16 posts, read 77,706 times
Could Waynesborold be in tornado alley?? I don't know but when I moved here I looked for areas that were in areas that had protection from the mountains.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM

403 posts, read 1,290,512 times
Moderator cut: changed to "search" "Waynesboro, TN topo" and you'll see part of the reason; hilly and small, mostly timbered according to the topo Moderator cut: cut. The views from G. Earth confirm the topo maps.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:39 PM

6 posts, read 13,826 times
Thank you all. We are going to all the links you suggest and will do more research. WE did hope for Eastern Tennessee but was too expensive. WE have traveled and camped all thru Eastern Tennessee and just love it! Will keep looking, nice to chat with ya all!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,672 times
Default I live in Waynesboro

Hello
I was browsing around and found this site.
I live in Waynesboro if any body has any questions I would be glad to try to help.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,487 times
Hello,
We are looking to relocate to your area. Currently we live in Ca. My wife grew up in Ms. and I grew up in western Mt. My wife will be retiring soon, and I have yet a few more years of toil left. We both have family about a days travel from your area. We are looking at Irwin Branch rd. Can you tell us what that area is like? Also, being from Western Mt., I am fearful of shoveling snow. I have been away from it for about 10 years and I feel my hands just won't fit the handle anymore. Any kind of information about the area will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee