Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:11 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times

Advertisements

Please use this thread to write your message to Governor Haslam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Please do not make us get a prescription for Sudafed from a doctor. Many of us are not meth heads and really don't have the time, nor money, to go to the doctor when we are sick. Please don't punish the good people for the misdeeds of a few.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 PM

634 posts, read 1,420,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Please do not make us get a prescription for Sudafed from a doctor. Many of us are not meth heads and really don't have the time, nor money, to go to the doctor when we are sick. Please don't punish the good people for the misdeeds of a few.

Amen to that, Beretta.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:50 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Dear Governor Haslam,......
...Although we don't live in TN we plan to in the future.

That said, take a long hard look at how states like CA, NY, NJ and MI are governed and fiscally managed and do the exact opposite.

Yours truly,

The doc1 family.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:28 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Keep a legislator from Blountsville out of Memphis's mess.

Keep a tight leash on Glen Casada.

Please keep the state towards the center of the political spectrum

Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 AM

712 posts, read 1,488,007 times
Dont do the following:

- start an income tax
- Tie state college reimbursement money to graduation rates
- increase spending on anything, including state employees, health care spending, law enforcement, etc.
- Create overreaching new laws such as the prescription cold medicine proposal

Do:
- Generally stay out of the lives of Tennesseans and our businesses, let us live and run businesses without government intervention or regulation.
- *Listen to the people of Tennessee* Dont be an advocate either way, or veto any bill that comes out of the state Congress (unless it violates your core moral values). If the majority of Tennesseans want something (or do not want something) and our representatives vote for it, your ideology should not stand in the way

Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Dear Governor Haslam:

You were my 3rd choice in the Republican primary because I thought you were wishy-washy. Prove me wrong.

Please join the other states' lawsuit by governors united against Obamacare. It's not enough just to write a letter requesting changes to it or asking the President to expedite the issue to the Supreme Court. I realize you are new to the office but your feet should have hit the ground running on this one as did these 6 states after the November 2010 elections: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Ohio, Wisconsin and Wyoming. The other states that are suing are Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Also, you said before you were elected you would sign an Arizona-type illegal immigration bill if one came before you. Is the legislature working on it? Have you asked them to get cracking on it? There's no reason why your hands should be tied with a heavy duty GOP legislature, so what's the deal?

"Tennessee has a fast growing illegal alien population that now exceeds 150,000 persons up from 100,000 in 2007 with the annual estimated fiscal burden on the state’s taxpayers at $450 million."

County delegation makes history at 107th General Assembly on The Murfreesboro Post

The last I heard was in January that there were 3 illegal immigration bills waiting. It's February. Where are we on that?

Also, I'm with the other poster on having to get a prescription for currently over the counter cold/allergy medicine. We aren't all meth heads.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
...reign in the conservative mandate knee-jerk reaction that the legislature is going through. Beware of unnecessary pet legislation (like "Guns in bars" from a couple years ago)...just because there's a majority GOP now, doesn't mean you should bow to the extremes. Learn a lesson from the Democrats in Washington who screwed away their future by swinging too far to the left. Voters are a fickle bunch with selective memories, don't forget this state was once a Democratic bastion not too long ago.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:53 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,315,500 times
Dear Gov. Haslam --

Don't give in to the hatred that typically characterizes your party. Please support affordable, accessible health care for all Tennesseans, regardless of whether they had the money to contribute to your campaign or not. Please be merciful toward immigrants--documented and undocumented--who have come here to make better lives for their families, remembering that we are all the children of immigrants. Please don't give in to the selfish, bigoted tendencies that confront us all and that consume many in your party. You seem to be a decent person; don't let them change that.

Regards, best wishes, and prayers,
s.p.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Dear Governor Haslam:

You were my 3rd choice in the Republican primary because I thought you were wishy-washy. Prove me wrong.

Please join the other states' lawsuit by governors united against Obamacare. It's not enough just to write a letter requesting changes to it or asking the President to expedite the issue to the Supreme Court. I realize you are new to the office but your feet should have hit the ground running on this one as did these 6 states after the November 2010 elections: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Ohio, Wisconsin and Wyoming. The other states that are suing are Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Also, you said before you were elected you would sign an Arizona-type illegal immigration bill if one came before you. Is the legislature working on it? Have you asked them to get cracking on it? There's no reason why your hands should be tied with a heavy duty GOP legislature, so what's the deal?

"Tennessee has a fast growing illegal alien population that now exceeds 150,000 persons up from 100,000 in 2007 with the annual estimated fiscal burden on the state’s taxpayers at $450 million."

County delegation makes history at 107th General Assembly on The Murfreesboro Post

The last I heard was in January that there were 3 illegal immigration bills waiting. It's February. Where are we on that?

Also, I'm with the other poster on having to get a prescription for currently over the counter cold/allergy medicine. We aren't all meth heads.
I hate to respond to my own post but there you go on one of them:

Haslam plans broad-based immigration legislation | Chattanooga Times Free Press
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee