U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2006, 02:00 PM

18 posts, read 66,938 times
Default Tn Jobs

Me and my wife bought about 100ac near paris tn. And really want to move to that area. And NO were not trying to hide from anyone. The problem is jobs , there are not any. Exept for low paying service type jobs. Don't get me wrong someone has to do them. Just not me. I work in the automotive business as a service writer and parts man. Have also sold realestate and worked as a plumber and in pest control. I have been on several interviews in paris. But no calls back. I think the problem is they see I live in another state and thats that. But I have to get a job before I can move. Anyone got a spare job laying around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2006, 03:51 PM

7,285 posts, read 13,623,493 times
Your best bet, I think, would be to call the employment agencies in the area or recruiters. Yes, unfortunately, they prefer to hire from home, which is a good thing if you think about it. Keeps unemployment figures down. Agencies and recruiters are a different story though.
Good luck! Keep us posted

Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 AM

21,562 posts, read 16,216,644 times
I see the Paris newspaper is the Paris Post-Intelligencer and it appears to have a classified section (see a link on the homepage) and you can subscribe to it online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee