U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 AM

27 posts, read 50,205 times

Advertisements

Hi edamms was just curious what part of NY you are from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 AM

22,538 posts, read 46,113,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edamms View Post
That sounds wonderful J&EM. I just received another interview offer this morning from Tullahoma! I'm so excited!
That's wonderful! I hope everything works out for you!

Believe me, this isn't a contest. The last thing we want to read is a diatribe about how someone hates Tennessee and it's all our fault.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM

15 posts, read 24,760 times
Haven't been back on in awhile. Eddyh, I see you're from Pine Bush! We go there often...Quimby & Smith, Antonia's...We're from Ellenville. Just down the mountain from you.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,700,102 times
Knoxville will remind you of Kingston. I'm from across the river- Germantown area. Just a heads up. Tennessee rural is not NY rural at all.
Best of luck in your search,
Pam

Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 AM

27 posts, read 50,205 times
Edamms you must know of Sgt Eddy Ryan his family is great friends of ours?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,345 times
You might also want to check to see how many tornados frequent this area...take it from me ( being from the west coast) I am still not comfortable during tornado season. Lots of folks here in middle Tn still have the underground storm shelters ( ala Wizard of Oz) . I don't have a basement..but I have a middle bathroom with no windows.
There are venemous snakes too ( Eastern Diamondback, Copperheads, Pygmy Rattlers & Cotton mouth water moccasins) so if you don 't like snakes, don't move too far out into the woods.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM

22,538 posts, read 46,113,418 times
You can get a tornado anywhere. Even the northeast gets them.

But in the scheme of things, Knoxville gets a heck of a lot less than Middle Tennessee. i don't know of anyone that has a tornado shelter. Not one.

I don't want to be rude, but I wonder why you replied to this thread. If you don't like Middle Tennessee, I understand. There's a reason why I didn't move there. But your misery has nothing to do with Knoxville.

And if you don't think there are poisonous snakes on the west coast you are sadly mistaken. There are poisonous snakes everywhere, too. I use to live in Florida, which has many more poisonous everything. However, I encountered more snakes living in the northeast.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,449,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
are you talking east knoxville or east knox county? And either way, calling the schools better on that side is a stretch. It is the same curriculum but carter, alone, is falling apart. There are some real issues.

Most folks look to the west side, even the north, possibly the south and rarely consider east knoxville for various reasons. It's cheaper but there is a reason for that. True, east knox county is less populated than anywhere else. Some people like it but it is usual not the most desirable area. My guess is someone's trying to sell their mother's house. This is their only post. Beware.

Congrats, edamms!

Still be sure to visit first. I feel better that you are not looking in tullahoma.

You are a northeasterner, like i it seems. Remember my story of renting in north knox county. I was 15 minutes from downtown but a world away.

Knoxville and chattanooga are more like very large towns in feel. It's a good thing. It's very homey. Knoxville is very, very friendly. But 15 to 30 minutes away can be very rural and an entirely different mindset. I think you'll find that the suburbs of both cities to feel like nice, friendly towns. Visit and see for yourself.

Once again, congrats!
what are the reasons that e. Knoxville is cheaper? Why is it not the most desirable area?

Old 04-07-2011, 06:40 PM

736 posts, read 1,430,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
what are the reasons that e. Knoxville is cheaper? Why is it not the most desirable area?
Why would any area be cheaper than another, in any city or area? Simply, desirability. Why is East Knox not the most desirable area? Many of those reasons have been enumerated previously and you could reread them.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:18 PM

47 posts, read 47,889 times
This is very good advice.....I too am an RN and moved to Huntsville, Al with my ex many yrs ago and the job situation here for nurse's is like you mentioned in PX...too many schools and too many nurse's.. pay is poor and the treatment is bad...I travel because of it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or