U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM

27 posts, read 89,814 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We have been looking at homes over the internet in Lynnville...any comments about the area? We are looking for a little land and a small town...seems to fit the bill...thanks so much...Shirley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 05:25 AM

13 posts, read 20,836 times
Default Lynnville

You and me both!

Any locals want to give us a "thumb-nail" tour of Lynnville?

Thanks!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 PM

231 posts, read 468,718 times
Default Lynville, Tn.

I live approximately 3 miles from Lynneville. The people who live there mostly like the "Town". My comments are not intended to degrade the Town nor it's inhabitants however, I have lived and traveled to other paces and I refuse to give other than my honest opinion to people of this forum given that some may be considering moving to a particular locale. It's difficult to provide a thumbnail sketch of Lynneville given that a thumbnail covers a larger area. Perhaps 200 people live there-maybe. It's 3 miles east of Hwy 31 and Approx. 18-19 Miles South of Columbia. The Business District[?] consists of a BranchBank with 1 employee, a Post Office with likely I employee, City Hall-yep-1 employee, Soda Pop Junction which is a replica old Drug store which serves bad food and a leather shop owned by Col. Littleton. There is also a convenience store, a Farmers Co-op located in an ancient Cotton Gin building and a "Museum" housed in a couple of old railroad cars. The place is incorporated, though I wouldn't know for what reason. There is a 1 man police force though I've never heard of a crime having been committed there. If you're looking for quiet this may be your cup of tea. It's kinda quaint, but definitely not upscale. If you're wondering about interesting places in the immediate area there ain't any other than a moonshine still located in a horse barn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or