U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:25 AM

27,926 posts, read 45,930,925 times

Advertisements

The Pittsburgh resident's passing marks the ninth death to occur at the event.

A 32-year-old woman was found dead at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival late Thursday.

Bonnaroo: Woman Found Dead at Festival Campground - The Hollywood Reporter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 01:56 PM

6,373 posts, read 10,221,549 times
It's an annual tradition.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 AM

4,925 posts, read 9,387,377 times
They also found some loaded guns wrapped in a Black Liberation Army flag hidden in a trashcan at a local motel. I still haven't heard any outcome of that, and they may never know where they came from or why they were there.

Hundreds of people were treated at the local hospital for heat stroke, alcohol poisoning, drug-overdoses or a combination thereof.

There were five people life-flighted to Nashville the first night they opened up the campgrounds and concert hadn't even started yet. I haven't heard a total yet.

I do have to say the traffic issues were better this year than in the past. The changes they made in the traffic patterns helped a lot.

I also would like to say that the EMS and law enforcement people (Coffee County Sheriff's Dept., Manchester City Police, and Tennessee State Troopers) did a great job.

Now most folks in Manchester can breathe a sigh of relief.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM

5,232 posts, read 13,404,209 times
Now that it's over we can all drive without being pulled over for silly reasons too. I was headed to town yesterday and couldn't figure out why in the world there was so much traffic enforcement out. Then it hit me. Bonaroo. *sigh*

As a side note, no, I was not pulled over. But I did see cars lined up headed from Sparta through McMinnville on 70 that were. I can only imagine how much pot they found this weekend. LOL

Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM

11,509 posts, read 31,428,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Now that it's over we can all drive without being pulled over for silly reasons too. I was headed to town yesterday and couldn't figure out why in the world there was so much traffic enforcement out. Then it hit me. Bonaroo. *sigh*

As a side note, no, I was not pulled over. But I did see cars lined up headed from Sparta through McMinnville on 70 that were. I can only imagine how much pot they found this weekend. LOL
You got that right. This was in the Cookeville paper:

Herald Citizen - Bonnaroo traffic turns up drug arrests

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
You got that right. This was in the Cookeville paper:

Herald Citizen - Bonnaroo traffic turns up drug arrests
Also an annual tradition.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:45 PM

Well, some of the final stats on Bonnaroo are in...

2 dead. (Another died last night from something that occurred at the concert...the radio was specific.)

Over 1500 treated for heat stroke.

Just over 60 arrests.

Over 300 citations issued.

This year's Bonnaroo is estimated to have pumped around 40 million dollars into the local economy. Of course, the mayor put into perspective..."It's not like they wrote us a check for $20,000,000."

Yes, those are big numbers on bad things, and you sure wish it wouldn't happen. But, all in all, not bad for an estimated 80,000 people over 3-4 days. No way would a comparably sized city have such low citation and arrest stats.

They may have lower heat stroke rates...

Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Well, some of the final stats on Bonnaroo are in...

2 dead. (Another died last night from something that occurred at the concert...the radio was specific.)

Over 1500 treated for heat stroke.

Just over 60 arrests.

Over 300 citations issued.

This year's Bonnaroo is estimated to have pumped around 40 million dollars into the local economy. Of course, the mayor put into perspective..."It's not like they wrote us a check for $20,000,000."

Yes, those are big numbers on bad things, and you sure wish it wouldn't happen. But, all in all, not bad for an estimated 80,000 people over 3-4 days. No way would a comparably sized city have such low citation and arrest stats.

They may have lower heat stroke rates...
As someone who has experienced Bonnaroo first hand, I would have to say that it is a very good thing for 80,000 people to be so well behaved. Of course there is the drug crime...but from my experience they really only target the more egregious offenders (dealers). Bonnaroo is a very, very safe and friendly atmosphere. I never felt uncomfortable leaving the campsite unattended. That was one of the beautiful things about it.

While some of the visitors might not fit in with the locals on a regular basis, the relative peace kept throughout the festival, along with the massive economic impact are enough for the locals to put up with it.

It's a good festival, and I think a great asset for Tennessee to have.

Curious that they have to schedule it and Fanfare (CMA Fest) at the same time, though.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:32 PM

1,754 posts, read 3,564,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
As someone who has experienced Bonnaroo first hand, I would have to say that it is a very good thing for 80,000 people to be so well behaved. Of course there is the drug crime...but from my experience they really only target the more egregious offenders (dealers). Bonnaroo is a very, very safe and friendly atmosphere. I never felt uncomfortable leaving the campsite unattended. That was one of the beautiful things about it.

While some of the visitors might not fit in with the locals on a regular basis, the relative peace kept throughout the festival, along with the massive economic impact are enough for the locals to put up with it.

It's a good festival, and I think a great asset for Tennessee to have.

Curious that they have to schedule it and Fanfare (CMA Fest) at the same time, though.

Perhaps they figure that either 'side' will be too busy with it's thing to worry about what the other side is doing?

Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Perhaps they figure that either 'side' will be too busy with it's thing to worry about what the other side is doing?
Although there isn't a lot, there is SOME crossover. Anyways, I'm sure it made for a crazy Monday at BNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee