Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 AM

71 posts, read 121,608 times

Advertisements

My search is still on and I hope one day to own that bumper sticker..I started looking in West Virginia and for several years owned 9 acres in the mountains. I quickly realized those mountains might kill me in retirement...so BF said keep looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM

230 posts, read 550,274 times
Great stories. Very interesting to read the paths of people. I started this thread to find a link between where you started and where you ended up. I think I mentioned it before, it's rare to find people starting out west coming east and vice versa.

I have 2 friends that have done it. One started in Florida and now lives in Portland, OR. Another started in Eagle Co. Moved to FL, then to Greenville SC and now going back to Denver, probably for good.

What's interesting in these 2 stories is, my buddy who moved to Portland never wanted to be in FL. My buddy who's moving to Denver, all he's ever talked about since I met him 10+ years ago was getting back out west.

I've only ever known the south. I was born in Ohio but left before I had any memories. I hate Fl and have for over a decade. I love TN but the west is also very intriguing to me. Everything has its compromise but TN had the fewest. I'll be happy when I finally get there (hopefully this year.. but I've said that before).

Old 10-08-2011, 12:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,062,618 times
I've seen more than a few people going from Florida to the northwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee