Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2006, 12:47 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,544,954 times

Advertisements

I've read the majority of the posts on here and everyone has there own opinion that's what makes us all different.

one wants the simple laid back life, small town, another wants the big city with all it's fixins.

I also hear gee will I fit in, will I be accepted, it's plain and simple you want to live in the fast lane go to the big city don't go to the small town then gripe about the way they do things or there way of life.

then there's them darn Tennessee hillbillies, well maybe there just some ol boys out on a Friday night lettin off a little steam because that's all there is to do.

my fathers entire side of the family born & raised in Tennessee and it just happens that naturally I picked up some tn slang,
were I live now I get looked at like who's this hick from the hills when I ask for a quart of oil because well it's not oil it's "all".

they ate poke, save that bacon grease and fry in it, my aunt had a farmhouse we slept in real feather beds, you go out to the pond get a few bullfrogs and fry up frog legs, you ate jowl not bacon, even had an old smoke house.

givin a choice i'll take the so called hillbillys (not all but most) anyday over the stuffed shirt, wanna be, i'm better than you type, at least there real people.

that's the real Tennessee, not malls & gated communities.

Growing up as a kid we had dirt roads to ride bikes, one grocery store with the old creaky wood floor, wood shelves full of can goods, nobody locked there house or car.
Then it slowly developed into what it is today, malls, blacktop & concrete everywhere, can’t make a left turn account of all the traffic, yes it’s nice having all that 5 minutes and your at anything you want but well it’s just not worth it.

I'll probably hear some flack from this post but well just a nutter opinion.

Last edited by joee; 09-09-2006 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2006, 03:59 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,514,684 times
Default No flack here

Where you grew up sounds for the most part like where I grew up.

As an adult I got sucked into the business world because I had no choice.

Retirement is just around the corner and my life is going to change again, slower, better, do what I want when i want.

Just a matter of time...

Maybe we'll meet when I get to TN. I'll trade you some all for some oil and we'll compare the difference between them.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:35 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,544,954 times
we can sit down in a holler on the tailgate of my pickup & watch all them city people goin by on the 4 lane while were drinkin beer in our t shirts and baseball hats.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:10 PM

56 posts, read 263,225 times
Has anyone moved to Tellico Village; 35 miles from Knoxville? I have visited it and thought it was beautiful but what about living there? Is it as easy to meet people as they say it is?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
3n1

5 posts, read 15,483 times
Joe,
I get picked on all the time bout my southern drawl here in TX. I grew up in Memphis and have been away for 21 yrs but still have that "hick" slang in me. I'm proud of it! It's who I am! So, I think I'll fit in just fine in the Tri-city area. Have a great day! : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: