U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2006, 07:02 PM

7 posts, read 13,948 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I are looking at the Maryville area to relocate to after the first of the year. We have also been looking at Sevierville, Seymour and Pigeon Forge. We where there the week of July 4th and just love the mountains.
My husband has his own business, he does home repairs, remodeling, handyman stuff. He is hoping to find a place that he can start his business back up at. We've heard that Maryville would be a great place to live. We have a 6 year old little girl and have heard good things about the schools in Maryville.

Does anyone know which of these areas would be good for his business?
What about the schools in Servierville and Seymour?

Thanks for any help or advice
tdrford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 07:32 AM

7,285 posts, read 14,247,412 times
Maryville and Sevierville both have very good school systems, Seymore schools are just ok from what I hear. Sevierville is a bit higher cost of living as property and property taxes are higher than the other two towns, and busier, lots of tourists. I don't know if that would be a better place for your husband to start a home repair business. Personally I would think Maryville, just because it has more year round homes. I do know is that East TN needs home repair, remodeling people that care about their work, true craftsmen that show up when they say they will. Personally I had to go through 4 different handyman companies before I found one that actually knew what they were doing, would quote by the job and show up to do the work. But this was for my house in Greene Co. I am in Tri-Cities now. Suggestion....look up handyman, house repair and such in the yellow pages in those towns, I would think the place with the least competition would be a good way to help make your decision.
Just my opinion.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 13,948 times
Thanks for the help. I was hoping Maryville would be one of the the better locations. My husband has a great business here in SW Florida and would have lots of references. We live in a tourist town now and would love to be out of the traffic and as well as the hurricanes and cost of living.
Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee