U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM

21,637 posts, read 31,006,169 times
Phyll: As luck would have it, we actually drove through Bean Station this Saturday, looking at a house. We actually went to Rutledge, which is way the heck out!

Anyway, this area didn't seem developed. You should be fine. It is only when the locals feel that they are overrun that they get hostile. We did not experience this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 06:55 PM

303 posts, read 992,237 times
Yipee!! are we all going to be in beautiful Tenn. soon? YEP

Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM

665 posts, read 1,280,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjlacey View Post
Yipee!! are we all going to be in beautiful Tenn. soon? YEP
Yeah Man,
And I cant wait! I will be there the 256-26 of Sept. Yahoo!!!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Phyll: As luck would have it, we actually drove through Bean Station this Saturday, looking at a house. We actually went to Rutledge, which is way the heck out!

Anyway, this area didn't seem developed. You should be fine. It is only when the locals feel that they are overrun that they get hostile. We did not experience this.
I kind of can understand, at the shore here, we feel like every last piece of woods along a main road they are putting more stores,its so sad, so I understand,we would just like to live peacefully with peolpe here. Besides, I am the newcomer,have to respect the way things are done there

Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 PM

303 posts, read 992,237 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
I kind of can understand, at the shore here, we feel like every last piece of woods along a main road they are putting more stores,its so sad, so I understand,we would just like to live peacefully with peolpe here. Besides, I am the newcomer,have to respect the way things are done there
We will no longer be in NY/NJ. I think the people are nicer and the pace is slower I don't want to change a thing.... this is why I'm moving here

Old 09-05-2007, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjlacey View Post
We will no longer be in NY/NJ. I think the people are nicer and the pace is slower I don't want to change a thing.... this is why I'm moving here
Yes, I agree 101% or why would I move to Tn....

Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 AM

107 posts, read 163,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Yes, I agree 101% or why would I move to Tn....
Just wanted to comment on this. We've lived at the jersey shore for 35 years and also plan to move to TN within the next two years for many of the same reasons mentioned: cost of living, taxes, over-development and crowding in of strip malls, stores, etc.. But I want everyone to know that even though NJ is a hectic-pace state there really are many, many terrific people in NJ.

I envy that you're going now to TN and I still have to wait two years. Best of luck in your new home!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:01 AM

3,454 posts, read 4,680,475 times
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Can't wait to join y'all!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
Just wanted to comment on this. We've lived at the jersey shore for 35 years and also plan to move to TN within the next two years for many of the same reasons mentioned: cost of living, taxes, over-development and crowding in of strip malls, stores, etc.. But I want everyone to know that even though NJ is a hectic-pace state there really are many, many terrific people in NJ.

I envy that you're going now to TN and I still have to wait two years. Best of luck in your new home!
Yes, I think sometimes NJ peolpe get lumped into one huge bunch, some of it not so great.But there are many of us that are terrific I agree.I didnt think I would leave NJ, but once I was there,it left a longing for the beauty, and cost of living is part of that.Thank you for wishing me luck, and hang in there, hopefully 2 yrs will fly by!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee