U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 PM

3 posts, read 7,797 times

Advertisements

My family is looking to move to the area anytime between now and 3 years from now. I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help answer.

1. How can I find out about current positions for employment with the city? My husband is employed with the city here and has been for 10 years. If it is possible, he would like to transfer his employment.

2. I homeschool our boys here and will do so there as well. Any information on the homeschooling front will be a bonus. I would also like my children to start penpal letters with other homeschooled children there.

3. I would like any information, preferably websites, for small Christian churches in the area.

Thank you

Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Question Ummm....

No one can help me???

Old 09-18-2007, 01:47 PM

9,097 posts, read 21,745,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessa View Post
No one can help me???
I'm sorry no one has been able to help you. Keep in mind that Dyersburg is not mentioned very often in this forum. Very few people visit there and even fewer move there. It is not growing, the economy in that part of Tennessee isn't very good, and it's not close to any larger towns.

You can always go to the local chamber of commerce web site to see what they have for you:
Dyersburg/Dyer County Chamber of Commerce

Or the city of Dyersburg web site:
Dyersburg, TN (broken link)

Good luck!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Thank you very much! I'll look into those links.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,088 times
Default Dyersburg

Good time to start planning, but as JMT state D'burg is a small town. Population has risen and fallen of the past thirty years. The population rises and falls as the Manufacturing plants open and close. Housing prices are down right now because of the job situation, but my mother just told me two new plants will be opening soon. Many people that live there commute to Jackson or other nearby cities, Better to live in D'burg. Dyersburg has their own news paper "state gazette" probably best to look there for the want ads.

Do you know anybody in town, Transfer is probably out but knowing someone will help.

You might want to contact one of the churches regarding home schooling and penpal's. There are lots of good Churches. They will be the center for home schooling.

3. I would like any information, preferably websites, for small Christian churches in the area.
All the churches are small compared to the big city and the bigger Churches will be easier for your to join. A small church may only have a few dozen members, depends on how deep you go in the country.

My mom works here h[URL="http://fumc.fumcdyersburg.com/"]ttp://fumc.fumcdyersburg.com/[/URL]
The [URL="http://www.fbcdyersburg.com/templates/System/default.asp?id=26977"]baptist church is http://www.fbcdyersburg.com/templates/System/default.asp?id=26977[/URL]
There are also Pentecostal, Church of Christ, Catholic, and Epicopal, etc.

Dyersburg is a good place to live, great highschool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee