Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 AM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubtin View Post
Here are a couple of pics from our place in Monterey, last October. These were taken between the 2nd and 3rd week of the month. You can see that there is a little green still mixed in. Last Summer was considered to be a drought season also by the way.

My gosh that is so beautiful!!!

You and Wordy are right on: for those of us who can't stand the crowds in the Smokies, heading up to the Cumberland Plateau is a pretty good alternative for seeing some beautiful fall colors.

Even if it's going to be a bad year for fall colors (and I'm still not convinced that it's going to be that bad) it'll still be beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 02:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
In north Knox County we have not see any leaves change. More brown and sickly-yellow leaves have fallen off the trees.

I think it's going to be awhile. We haven't had very cool weather, yet. In fact, it's 91 degrees, right now.

By the way, my electric bill was HUGE last month. Well, huge for here.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Beautiful pictures, JMT. We will be in the area at about that time this year. I sure hope it is as beautiful as your photos from last October testify.

Thanks for posting them.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM
pdq

170 posts, read 527,380 times
Those are not JMT's photos, he was quoting from page one. They belong to Jhubtin.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:21 PM

Red face So sorry, Jhubtin. Wonderful pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq View Post
Those are not JMT's photos, he was quoting from page one. They belong to Jhubtin.
Thank you for pointing that out, pdq. JMT, some days you just get way too many compliments, so I have to take that one back and save it for another time.

Thank YOU, Jhubtin for posting those pictures. And, they are just as beautiful now as they were a couple of hours ago. I am anxious to see if this dry weather really will hurt the fall color. Let's hope that nature does its thing this year like last year and turns out some beautiful fall leaves.

Gentlemen (and Ladies), charge up your cameras!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,736 times
It's too bad this year isn't going to be as good for fall colors. Last fall (the first week of November) my mom, sister and I went up to Knoxville by way of Asheville, NC.... it was soooo beautiful! The views were so spectacular. I had never seen anything like it (in person). It was kind of sad, though, because I put off taking any pictures or video because I thought I would have a chance once we got to Tennessee. It just wasn't the same. It was beautiful, but not spectacular.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaby View Post
It's too bad this year isn't going to be as good for fall colors. Last fall (the first week of November) my mom, sister and I went up to Knoxville by way of Asheville, NC.... it was soooo beautiful! The views were so spectacular. I had never seen anything like it (in person). It was kind of sad, though, because I put off taking any pictures or video because I thought I would have a chance once we got to Tennessee. It just wasn't the same. It was beautiful, but not spectacular.
It's funny that you say that. Two years ago, I thought the foliage was wonderful around Gatlinburg, and up into the national park, but last year I thought the colors were kind of dull.

I guess it depends on the weather, drought and all that.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,662,014 times
This is the official state site for fall color:
Fall in Tennessee
It has a neat interactive map showing dates of peak color and also two live cams in the Smokies.
No one seems to be sure what the color will do this year. It's not just the drought but the freeze we had on Easter that did a lot of damage to trees.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Knoxgarden, that is a terrific website. The web-cam is so neat. And, there hit a perfect clear day. Thanks for posting that.

I'm just wondering about that Beerfest that takes place Sept. 28 - Aug. 29, 2007. I think their webmaster was already imbibing! Pretty cute.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times
Only 2 photo's that's a tease!!..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee