Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:26 AM

359 posts, read 1,635,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
but for the love bugs, yuck!

What are 'love bugs'? This makes me curious.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 AM

14 posts, read 53,029 times
LOL love bugs are these small black obnoxious bugs that fly in tandem. Get creamed all over the front of your car and just annoy the heck out of you if there are too many. At least that is the way they are here.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:14 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,163 times
Go to Publix in search and thier site will tell you where all the stores are. I live in Florida and about the only thing I will miss here will be Publix.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:16 PM
kar

179 posts, read 753,886 times
Default New Publix

There building a new Publix in Bellvue which is right next to Nashville. Publix is expanding big time here in Middle TN. We also moved from Florida and were glad to see Publix here. Great store!

Old 10-02-2006, 04:43 PM

14 posts, read 51,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellkids View Post
Wartrace is a beautiful area! The new Publix will be much closer for you. The first store is suppose to be located right off I24 and Hwy 96 around the Saint Andrews/Cason Lane area.
Well.....do you have any idea when this Publix is due to open? Thanks, it will be MUCH closer for me!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 7,717 times
I wonder what will replace the Southern family Markets around here.

(Get your vittles for 40% off while supplies last! LOL)

I'd just gotten used to them not being Red Food,Bi-Lo,etc.

I'd like to see Publix take on some of the older,smaller places.

We'd not only loosen Wal=Mart's local monopoly but it would revitalize
shopping areas that would atrophy without a good grocery for an anchor store.

If we're getting all these better restaurants to become a bedroom community for
the Nashville and Murfreesboro areas,why can't we siphon their grocery chains,
bookstores,etc.?

Let's try to keep our unique and picturesque communities as lovely as they are
and let's keep the rest of the small towns self-sustaining so folks won't have to flee
to the larger cities just to have decent buying choices.

We have too good a thing in Middle Tennessee to have everything turn into McMansions,
densely packed Barbie bungalows,empty strip malls,and a monoculture of box stores.

I'd prefer a strong,independent,local economy that had room for family farms,carefully preserved/restored old houses,
vital town squares and an active,congenial community.

I worry we rely too much on a few outsiders for jobs,goods and services.

They don't have too much incentive to be sensitive to the needs of the people around them
-and when they pick up and leave,we're stuck with unemployed citizens and quasi-ghost towns.

If we can't have the Mom and Pop businesses of the past,let's at least have a competitive
bunch of high calibre stores that will stay here long enough to put down roots and let us learn their names.

Publix:Tullahoma,Shelbyville,Eagleville,Chapel Hill,Pulaski,McMinnville,etc. await you!

Last edited by quantumcat; 11-29-2006 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: looked tacky

Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
I love Publix! My granddaddy provided the marble for the original Publix stores down in central Florida and Tampa. You don't go to Publix necessarily for a bargain, but the quality is exceptional, and the stores are great: "where shopping is a pleasure."

I've written Publix many times asking them to PLEASE expand to the Knoxville area, but they're not interested in expanding in Tennessee beyond metro Nashville. When Bi-Lo pulled out of Knoxville last year I thought that would be the perfect opportunity for Publix to pounce, but they didn't. sigh

For those of you lucky enough to live near a Publix in the Nashville area, enjoy it!

Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgsgold View Post
Very helpfull....So how do you know where all the Publix Supermarkets are? Do you work for Publix?..
Yes, after you have been a Publix shopper very hard to settle for other grocery chains.. The bakery bread is out of this word and their pastry.. The customer service is the ultimate...Very clean and well stocked with many choices....
Thanks A Million !!
Google is Your Friend...
Publix is my all time fav as well.
DLS

Old 11-29-2006, 11:55 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumcat View Post
I wonder what will replace the Southern family Markets around here.

(Get your vittles for 40% off while supplies last! LOL)

I'd just gotten used to them not being Red Food,Bi-Lo,etc.

I'd like to see Publix take on some of the older,smaller places.

We'd not only loosen Wal=Mart's local monopoly but it would revitalize
shopping areas that would atrophy without a good grocery for an anchor store.

If we're getting all these better restaurants to become a bedroom community for
the Nashville and Murfreesboro areas,why can't we siphon their grocery chains,
bookstores,etc.?

Let's try to keep our unique and picturesque communities as lovely as they are
and let's keep the rest of the small towns self-sustaining so folks won't have to flee
to the larger cities just to have decent buying choices.

We have too good a thing in Middle Tennessee to have everything turn into McMansions,
densely packed Barbie bungalows,empty strip malls,and a monoculture of box stores.

I'd prefer a strong,independent,local economy that had room for family farms,carefully preserved/restored old houses,
vital town squares and an active,congenial community.

I worry we rely too much on a few outsiders for jobs,goods and services.

They don't have too much incentive to be sensitive to the needs of the people around them
-and when they pick up and leave,we're stuck with unemployed citizens and quasi-ghost towns.

If we can't have the Mom and Pop businesses of the past,let's at least have a competitive
bunch of high calibre stores that will stay here long enough to put down roots and let us learn their names.

Publix:Tullahoma,Shelbyville,Eagleville,Chapel Hill,Pulaski,McMinnville,etc. await you!
You are a Poet...
Best Regards,
DLS

Old 11-29-2006, 11:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
I worked for Publix. Great supermarket. Terrible employer. They are rated one of the best employers. I cannot understand why. I find Kroger's to be much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee