Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM

52 posts, read 89,779 times

Advertisements

My family and I have been looking into relocating from Kentucky to maybe Murfreesboro or Maryville,TN. I would really appreciate any opinions or info. We love mountains or at least big hills and like a larger type place or close to one where we could find alot of shops, and restaurants open later. We are also interested in the schools. I have 2 children in middle school. I hear some schools have all day sessions, etc. Of course jobs are going to be important. I've been reseaching for awhile but still am caught in the middle because i've never seen either of these towns. I've been to Sevierville,Gatlinburg area only so I need help! My main question from you wonderful Tennessee people is would you recommend Murfreesboro, with Nashville close by or perhaps Maryville side closer to Knoxville to raise a family?
Any info is good info. Thank you!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
If you like mountains then its Maryville. You can see the mountains very easy from there they are so close. Also Knoxville is a much easier town to get around and to live near than is Nashville. Too much traffic over there for my taste. Nashville is the big town, if you are looking for that then its the place for you, but Knoxville is medium to small sized city. In the end Jobs are going to be your deciding factor, and suburban Nashville is not a bad place to live either. I just prefer the smaller city myself.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 AM

52 posts, read 89,779 times
thank you so much daielj72. I sure do appreciate the feedback. So, from that do you think Maryville is wise choice on the east side? My husband kinda needs to be where he could get on in a factory or even fast food management quickly so we were thinking stay close to a little bigger city such as Knoxville on the East side. I love pics and info I've read on Johnson City but it's so far from Knoxville. I'm not sure if it's got enough job opportunities. It's beautiful!

Honestly, I would've never thought of close to Nashville on my own. I just have read Murfreesboro been rated a top place to live for the last few years and it's growing.The mountains and hills are where my heart is though.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
The tri-cities area is very far out from Knoxville, and jobs are not as plentiful there. Your right though very scenic over there. Do I think Maryville is a good choice??? That depends on where you find work and what your housing budget is. Personally I do like Maryville, and its close to the GSM national park. Go spend some time there and look around, that should help you make the call. Maryville is a nice compromise between the amenities of Knoxville and proximity to the mountains. Good luck on your endevour.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Thread closed per OP's request.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee