Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

The colors

The Moonpies

I, uh, don't have any photos of those...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 PM

70 posts, read 298,982 times
Default Newbies

Hi!

Sorry... I posted on your other thread (on Page 2). We live not too far from Tellico Plains in the Tennessee Valley and love it! I grew-up in SoCal (Ventura County) and lived in other areas as well (San Fernando Valley, the Bay Area, and San Diego). I wouldn't go back! I would be happy to try and answer any questions you might have.

Last edited by Botts; 11-08-2007 at 05:37 PM..

Old 11-08-2007, 08:19 PM

27 posts, read 130,498 times
Thanks, everyone for all the fabulous pictures and information! Tennessee certainly sounds like a beautiful place. Is Tellico Plain's weather nice? What is the humidity like in the summer? Winters? Tornados? Is the north-east area of Tennessee less humid than the rest of the state?

Thanks again for all your kind and helpful responses to us Californians!

Happy Trails,

The Happy Horse Ranch

Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
We're just regular Cow-fearing people . . . ;-)

It is somewhat cooler and less humid in East Tennessee, but summers can still be hot (it is the south after all). Winter can be a little colder there as well. Tornadoes aren't much of a problem in the mountainous areas of East Tennessee.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:15 AM

423 posts, read 1,405,023 times
Alison, I'm not the barrel racer...my daughter is. My old bones are too precious to me to even try that sport, but I love to watch and cheer my daughter on. Sadly, with the price of gas they haven't gone to much of anything this summer. I think they're heading to Morristown for a rodeo this weekend though. There are appaloosas in the area, btw. Like you, I just trail ride. If you move near Johnson City, let me know and we'll try to meet some time for a ride once we're both settled.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineywoods View Post
Alison, I'm not the barrel racer...my daughter is. My old bones are too precious to me to even try that sport, but I love to watch and cheer my daughter on. Sadly, with the price of gas they haven't gone to much of anything this summer. I think they're heading to Morristown for a rodeo this weekend though. There are appaloosas in the area, btw. Like you, I just trail ride. If you move near Johnson City, let me know and we'll try to meet some time for a ride once we're both settled.
That's a date for sure.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,519 times
Friendly people, scenic beauty, moderate climate, reasonable living costs, good highways, central location (I work in 23 states), and very pretty girls.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:47 PM

28 posts, read 90,612 times
Well, I can't say " Why I love LIVING in Tennessee.." because I don't live there yet But I can tell you why I WANT to live there. Its the feeling I get deep in my gut when I see the rolling Smokey Mountains...the feeling of "connection" when I drive through the small, quant towns...and just feeling like I belong there. Its hard to explain...its a heart felt, soul longing "feeling". I hope that doesnt sound to ditsy. I love seeing photos...the pics posted here and the reasons listed here make me kind of sad...sad that I'm not there yet... But someday we will...we have bought 5 acres just inside Roane County. So its just a matter of time...and lots of patience on my part. In the mean time keep posting photos...I love looking at them. I'll try and attach my photos of East Tennessee...the big tree is a tree that grows on our property. I feel a sense of pride and responsibilty in knowing that, in a way, it's my tree.
Attached Thumbnails
Why do you love Tennessee?-2007-april-trip-tn-018.jpg   Why do you love Tennessee?-2007-april-trip-tn-058.jpg   Why do you love Tennessee?-2007-april-trip-tn-061.jpg   Why do you love Tennessee?-2007-april-trip-tn-063.jpg   Why do you love Tennessee?-2007-april-trip-tn-081.jpg  

Why do you love Tennessee?-2007-april-trip-tn-105.jpg-use.jpg  

Old 11-11-2007, 03:57 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraplus View Post
Well, I can't say " Why I love LIVING in Tennessee.." because I don't live there yet But I can tell you why I WANT to live there. Its the feeling I get deep in my gut when I see the rolling Smokey Mountains...the feeling of "connection" when I drive through the small, quant towns...and just feeling like I belong there. Its hard to explain...its a heart felt, soul longing "feeling". I hope that doesnt sound to ditsy. I love seeing photos...the pics posted here and the reasons listed here make me kind of sad...sad that I'm not there yet... But someday we will...we have bought 5 acres just inside Roane County. So its just a matter of time...and lots of patience on my part. In the mean time keep posting photos...I love looking at them. I'll try and attach my photos of East Tennessee...the big tree is a tree that grows on our property. I feel a sense of pride and responsibilty in knowing that, in a way, it's my tree.
Nah, not "ditsy" at all to us. We understand what you mean.

I can't quite tell what "your tree" is from the photo is but I think it's either an ash or maybe a birch.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:08 PM

28 posts, read 90,612 times
Alleycat...thanks for helping with the tree. Actually I have no idea what kind it is at all... I know we have a couple Poplar trees...but didnt think this was one of them. It is a tall tree for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee