Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:17 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,391,254 times

Advertisements

Murfreesboro, TN (AHN) - Residents in Murfreesboro may soon be prevented from reclining on their sofas outdoors, if the city officials have their way.

The council has approved a proposed ban preventing people from using their inside furniture outdoors.

News Channel 5 reports Murfreesboro Vice Mayor Chris Bratcher saying: "We want to make sure, as a city, that we maintain the integrity of a neighborhood and property values for our residences."

Tennessee City Plans To Ban Indoor Furniture Outdoors | November 17, 2007 | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009169016 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 10:27 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,129,415 times
Which reminds me of the old Jeff Foxworthy line . . .

"If your outdoor furniture was once your indoor furniture . . . you could be a redneck!"

Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
They were joking about this news story on talk radio the other day!

"If you allow these things to take place in a neighborhood, we found that history tells us soon after we let a neighborhood start to decline it actually increases the crime in the neighborhood."

However not all residents agree. Matthew Bailey, a MTSU student told the channel: "This town is built on college students. And college students barely have enough money to eat or drink, let alone get patio furniture."

What a hoot!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,096,424 times
Unhappy College students can't afford food, let alone patio furniture.

That is so funny! Leave it to those rowdy furniture lounging college students to bring down property values! Happens all the time, the little varmits!!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 PM

78 posts, read 282,211 times
I was one of those little varments at one time. Hail from Chico State circa 1994. Our sofa was add to the fire during one of the last riots.
~Angela :O?

Old 11-21-2007, 08:52 PM

37,734 posts, read 40,776,995 times
I was watching American Gothic (old TV series that takes place in Georgia) on DVD this past weekend and the coroner (at his home) had a full-sized running old kitchen-type refrigerator on his front porch.

Now, I have not seen anything like that where I come from but my first reaction was, "Hey, that's a d*mn good idea."

And I want to say again, the man was a coroner so this is not a poor thing, a college student thing, an uneducated thing --- it's just different and I'm thinking with heat and bugs, you don't want to be opening your door or jumping up and down a lot for a cool drink so putting the cold things where you're sittin' makes sense to me.

And, who wouldn't like to be lounging on their old comfy sofa while they're having that cold drink? Okay, so now that you have the fridge (cold drinks) and the comfy old sofa, I'm thinking a TV shouldn't be out of the question. No?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,129,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And, who wouldn't like to be lounging on their old comfy sofa while they're having that cold drink? Okay, so now that you have the fridge (cold drinks) and the comfy old sofa, I'm thinking a TV shouldn't be out of the question. No?
Uh, perhaps you're fitting in a little too well.

If you start making flower planters out of old tires, stop and come talk to us.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,357,077 times
My Mom has an old wringer-type washing machine on the porch that she uses to wash heavier items such as throw rugs. The Murfreesboro czars would probably not approve of that either.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,332,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
My Mom has an old wringer-type washing machine on the porch that she uses to wash heavier items such as throw rugs. The Murfreesboro czars would probably not approve of that either.
hahahahahahahaha, I bet they wouldn't. Clean porch, dirty rugs will be the scene in Murfreesboro!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:51 AM

23,517 posts, read 69,907,878 times
"News Channel 5 reports Murfreesboro Vice Mayor Chris Bratcher saying: "We want to make sure, as a city, that we maintain the integrity of a neighborhood and property values for our residences." "

These "leaders" have way too much time on their hands, and no concept of homeowner rights. I vote to get them locked in a deadlock debate over whether indoor-outdoor carpet is for use indoors or outdoors, and should be banned in the non-designated area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: