U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-24-2006, 11:25 AM

15 posts, read 43,138 times

Advertisements

We're planning a move to eastern tn. in the next couple years. My girls will be turning 5 by then. Are there any activities for small children, parks, sports etc. in the Knoxville, Oakridge, Maryville area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 PM

359 posts, read 1,143,022 times
Yes, Yes, and Yes!!!

My daughter, SIL, and 2 grandsons live in west Knoxville and there is SOOOO much! Parks galore - really nice parks - and the schools have such nice playground equipment, too - you feel like you're at a park, too.

There is a zoo in Knoxville, museums - a really good children's museum in Oak Ridge, tons of children's activities in Pigeon Forge (about 30 minutes east of Knoxville) including Dolly Parton's stuff which includes a huge amusement park (Dollywood) and a tremendous water park (Splash Country - season tickets = a must).

Sports - you name it - it's there. I was in Knoxville to visit last weekend, we went to a great Pumpkin Patch and corn maze in Maryville, which is a very nice city, too.

You've definitely picked some family-oriented cities.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 13,196 times
Default knoxville activities!

i run an in home childcare center, and it took a while, but i found A LOT of things for the kids.

THE LIBRABRY SYSTEM HAS A LOT OF FREE ACTIVITIES ON A REGULAR BASIS. WE GO TO STORY TIME ONCE A WEEK, THEY ALSO OFFER LOTS OF ARTS AND CRAFTS ON A REGULAR BASIS AS WELL AS MAGICIANS, AND STORYTELLERS.

WORLDS FAIR PARK. THE KIDS LOVE RUNNING THROUGH THE FOUNTAINS! THERE ARE ALSO SEVERAL OTHER PARKS WITH SPRINKLERS THAT THEY LOVE.

YOUNG CHEFS ACADEMY
CHILDRENS MUSEUM OF OAK RIDGE
INFLATABLE FUN CENTER
KNOXVILLE ZOO
LITTLE PONDEROSA ZOO
LASER TAG
CHUCK E CHEESE

HOPE THIS HELPS!!
-SARAH
Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by Beretta; 07-18-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: links to blogs outside of C-D not permitted, sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee