U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-27-2007, 03:11 PM

219 posts, read 566,063 times

Advertisements

Hello again. I did some research and found the Crossville crime rate to be quite high. Anyone want to comment on that? This is becoming a major pain for me to find an area with low crime in the "south". Seems like most of the safest places are some where in the north but I don't want to freeze so that's out of the question.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 PM

11,427 posts, read 11,371,752 times
If you dont mind me asking, where are you getting your information and what do you consider high crime rates and drug problems?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:42 PM

11,128 posts, read 8,718,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post
Hello again. I did some research and found the Crossville crime rate to be quite high. Anyone want to comment on that? This is becoming a major pain for me to find an area with low crime in the "south". Seems like most of the safest places are some where in the north but I don't want to freeze so that's out of the question.
You might want to check out City-Data's own statistics which you can find by clicking on the City-Data link at the very top left of this page.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Crossville-Tennessee.html

For what it is worth, I will tell you this much, Crossville police dept are a serious group of law enforcement officers. If a person were to spend an afternoon in Crossville, I can assure you that they are quite visible and out in force, more so than in most towns of this size. From what I remember the county officers were not as visible as Cumberland county is quite large and does not have a large force.

If you look at the statistics it would seem that burglary and theft constitute the bulk of the crime in Cumberland county and I suspect this is not the case in Fairfield Glade, Tansi or in the city limits of Crossville proper.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Here is one place I saw the info on crime rate. Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 04:53 AM..

Old 12-27-2007, 04:07 PM

That dosent really seem high to me.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:15 PM

12,708 posts, read 12,003,978 times
Here's the local paper for Crossville. I put "Crime" in the search box. You may want too add your own search.....

http://www.crossville-chronicle.com/...RID%3A11&hl=en

Old 12-27-2007, 04:16 PM

overall crime rate is nearly twice the national average......here is where i live now and I hate it...look at the charts between the two...

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 04:52 AM..

Old 12-27-2007, 06:30 PM

3,728 posts, read 10,859,591 times
Default crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post
I have been in the new tampa area now 9 years. yes there is some crime.

kids! check out wesley chapel, land o lakes, if you have kids. seven oaks looks real nice-it is wesley chapel. if you wish to buy, name your price now!
also florida has no income tax, or the so called excise tax! today was 82 neat!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:19 AM

John
Ive always been a little skeptical on the stats. If your really interested in Crossville, I would subscribe to the local paper. Ive lived in this area about 33 yrs. and have always thought the crime rate low, although it has increased. I am originally from Dayton, Ohio and still have family there, so compared to that its great here. Im more familiar with Cookeville (Putnam Co.) and have always felt safe living alone, raising my 2 kids, walking at night etc. Ive alway thought Crossville was safer than Cookeville too.
Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee