U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2015, 12:23 PM
 
10 posts, read 6,943 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Those prices for Brentwood or Franklin are absurd. There are many homes available for much less than that. Not to mention there are other Nashville suburbs which are cheaper but offer the same lifestyle that is available in Farragut. Mount Juliet and Hendersonville are definitely worth checking out. And since the OP's husband will be flying for his job, they might appreciate being closer to the Nashville airport which has much better connections and much cheaper air fares than Knoxville's little airport.
I'm taking notes of all the areas you're all suggesting. I really appreciate it. Your point about the airport is definitely a good one, too. I searched rents in Mount Juliet but there is nothing available. I haven't looked into Hendersonville yet, though, so the suggestion is much appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2015, 01:02 PM
 
10 posts, read 6,943 times
Reputation: 10
A house came up for rent in Murfreesboro. From what I have read, this area is good. Is my research correct? Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2015, 01:10 PM
 
11,614 posts, read 31,808,854 times
Reputation: 8214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd527 View Post
A house came up for rent in Murfreesboro. From what I have read, this area is good. Is my research correct? Lol.
Murfreesboro is a rather large, very fast growing town with a large university, and as such it has some areas that are more desirable than others. Over all, yes Murfreesboro is a good area. If you want to zero in on the Nashville area, you should post your questions in the Nashville forum to get more responses. (Same goes with asking questions about Knoxville in the Knoxville forum.)
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2015, 09:16 PM
 
456 posts, read 390,689 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd527 View Post
I'm taking notes of all the areas you're all suggesting. I really appreciate it. Your point about the airport is definitely a good one, too. I searched rents in Mount Juliet but there is nothing available. I haven't looked into Hendersonville yet, though, so the suggestion is much appreciated. Thank you!
I think Lifestyles condos in Mt. Juliet will be opening in a few months but rent may start at $1200 or so. Not suprised anything is available in Mt. Juliet. I had a friend who was looking at houses in MJ with 225k budget but found very little. He now has a much cheaper housing option in M'boro but his commute into downtown Nashville is horrible. Its takes him 1hr 20min now compared to his 30 min commute from Mt. Juliet during rush hour in morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2015, 09:52 PM
 
16,378 posts, read 6,116,321 times
Reputation: 6928
Check out Hendersonville, OP. I lived there over ten years, having grown up in MIlford, Ct. Nice town, close to Nashville yet has very good schools, parks, quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2015, 10:35 PM
 
10 posts, read 6,943 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Murfreesboro is a rather large, very fast growing town with a large university, and as such it has some areas that are more desirable than others. Over all, yes Murfreesboro is a good area. If you want to zero in on the Nashville area, you should post your questions in the Nashville forum to get more responses. (Same goes with asking questions about Knoxville in the Knoxville forum.)
Thank you for the feedback, I'll check out those other forums as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2015, 10:37 PM
 
10 posts, read 6,943 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Check out Hendersonville, OP. I lived there over ten years, having grown up in MIlford, Ct. Nice town, close to Nashville yet has very good schools, parks, quality of life.
So glad to hear from other CT natives who've moved to TN and like it! I'll look at Hendersonville too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2015, 10:42 PM
 
10 posts, read 6,943 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
I think Lifestyles condos in Mt. Juliet will be opening in a few months but rent may start at $1200 or so. Not suprised anything is available in Mt. Juliet. I had a friend who was looking at houses in MJ with 225k budget but found very little. He now has a much cheaper housing option in M'boro but his commute into downtown Nashville is horrible. Its takes him 1hr 20min now compared to his 30 min commute from Mt. Juliet during rush hour in morning.
Oh man, that commute sounds awful. Definitely not something my husband would want to have to do every time he flies for work. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! I saw Mt. Juliet on a list of great places to live but might be a bit out of our price range. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2015, 02:15 AM
 
3,109 posts, read 2,738,118 times
Reputation: 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd527 View Post
I saw Mt. Juliet on a list of great places to live but might be a bit out of our price range. Thanks again!
So, what exactly ~is~ your budget? You will get much more helpful answers if you include that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2015, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,287 posts, read 8,242,295 times
Reputation: 10390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd527 View Post
Farragut has been at the top of our list so it's good to hear confirmation that it's a nice and affordable area. Thank you! There aren't many rents available in the area at the moment but maybe in the coming weeks something will become available.
About 5 miles southeast of Oak Ridge, what could go wrong? Sorry but I wouldn't feel very "safe" in that area.

If You Hear the Sirens

Maybe nothing would ever go wrong but there is a chance. I wouldn't want to live close to watts bar nuke plant either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top