Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2006, 04:47 PM

302 posts, read 1,440,005 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to the Rogersville/BullsGap area next summer. Have visited quite a bit, and kind of keep up with the online newspaper. Just as you will find anywhere, rural, suburban, urban, there will occasionally be some comments on drugs. during our visits we have met many people that are some of the most pleasant and polite I have seen anywhere. I am looking forward to moving! Of course nervous about getting new jobs and making new friends. Thats only normal hope everyone finds their ideal home.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 05:49 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,244,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjlacey View Post
Will be moving to the Rogersville/BullsGap area next summer. Have visited quite a bit, and kind of keep up with the online newspaper. Just as you will find anywhere, rural, suburban, urban, there will occasionally be some comments on drugs. during our visits we have met many people that are some of the most pleasant and polite I have seen anywhere. I am looking forward to moving! Of course nervous about getting new jobs and making new friends. Thats only normal hope everyone finds their ideal home.
Just a note with my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Be sure to find a job FIRST in the areas you are looking to move to. The reason I say this is there aren't many high paying jobs in those areas and you may find your self having to drive and hour each way to work which could really cut into family/leisure time. They are both nice towns, but rather "removed" from larger areas with more employment opportunities. Again, just my opinion as I would hate for you to think there is lots of work in those two areas.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:30 PM

302 posts, read 1,440,005 times
Yes, getting ready to send out letter of introduction to a few nursing homes. There has been a couple of ads in the last few months for therapists. thanks

Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 PM

17 posts, read 50,621 times
I have no problem toning my comments down...it would be nice if you could enforce the same rules for the people who are writing in saying bad things as well as labeling us with things that are uncalled for by deleting their posts...the ones with things like 'confederate flag wearer with no teeth' or the one about 'sitting in the back of a pick up waiting for the disability check'. They are allowed to bring it in but the rest of the people, some of whom these words might offend are supposed to sit down on their hands and take it...not very fair at all. The city-data is a place for common folk to come together to share things about the states, not about making them look bad and the forum is not helping, it is making us look bad. Please don't base your thoughts of moving to this state on my opinions but please give the state and it's people a chance to show you what we are really like...no matter what they are made of or how they act, they should be given the chance to be a part of what makes this state so great. I am not angry but I do get my feelings hurt when people assume we are a certain way. When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me...plain and simple.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:55 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,075,858 times
Maybe some of us Floridians didn't create the problems in FL and we're trying to get away from it not bring it with us. It's disgusting to read on many of these posts how that TN people say the people who move to TN just want to bring their state with them. I for one and moving to leave the state i live in behind so maybe ease up a bit about classifying individuals to a whole state. makes me not even feel welcome to come to TN.

oh and one thing about FL schools having lockdowns and badge police officers around, quite frankly, i feel safer with my child going to that school especially considering i have a handicapped child. why wait for another crazy school shooting then decide it's needed to keep the place safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee