Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2006, 06:13 AM

13 posts, read 55,274 times

Advertisements

FELLOW AMERICANS -UNTIL VERY RECENTLY(TWO DAYS), I WAS SOLD ON WASHINGTON STATE BUT AFTER READING ABOUT EAST TENNESSEE, IT APPEARS THAT THERE IS SOMETHING "GOLD" THERE AND DEFINITELY WORTH CONSIDERING. IN WA, THERE IS A BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE THAT HAS STATS FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS ON WEATHER. IS THERE A COMPARABLE WEBSITE FOR TENNESSEE. I DID A GOOGLE SEARCH AND COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING. ALSO IS THERE A GOOD WEBSITE TO CHECK OUT PROPERTIES IN TENNESSEE.
IN LIVING IN TENNESSEE, I AM RETIRED NAVY BUT MY GIRLFRIEND STILL IS IN THE WORK FORCE, SO THE AREA COULD NOT BE TOO REMOTE. OUR OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT IN A LIVING AREA, WE WANT IT ALL, FOR NOW WE ARE THIRTY FEET FROM THE WATER ON A BIG LAKE IN ORLANDO AND WE WANT SOMETHING COMPARABLE BUT TO INCLUDE MOUNTAINS. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR THOUGHS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THX TEXASDUDE(living in florida)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 11,798 times
People seem to really love east tennessee including my husband. We currently live near the tri cities (johnson city, bristol, and kingsport). I am originally from Washington and cant wait to move back there.

The pluses of the area is good shopping (except name brand clothing although they are starting to level land for a new mall), the fall season is very beautiful, with easy access to gatlinburg with dollywood and shopping. There are lakes in the area. You can find a map of the lakes along with information on this website. (broken link)

There are some beautiful views of the hills in the area, which you may love (coming from Washington and living in California I dont consider the high elevations in Tennessee mountains but only big hills).

I grew up in central washington (the desert part) so I love sunshine and low humidity. I also enjoy the true mountains of the west coast for winter sports. Tennessee's hills are not high enough/cold enough to offer much in that area. The lakes in east TN are not as clear as lakes I am use to in WA.

If you are coming from Florida Tennessee will feel less humid and winters will feel cold although so will Washington.

I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

Last edited by Yac; 11-27-2006 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: realtor links not allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee