Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,231,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post
Holston river Tennessee, and Eastman Plant in Kingsport
This is totally untrue. The Holston is very clean, Eastman makes sure of it. Check the TVA web site for conditions of all lakes and water ways in TN/VA. Watagua Lake in Carter Co is one of the cleanest lakes in the country, let alone state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 01:30 PM

48 posts, read 230,983 times
johnbain,

Check out Scorecard Home

Old 02-23-2008, 03:22 PM

264 posts, read 1,146,030 times
Ive heard of numerous lawsuits in east TN, but here in west TN the lakes and rivers are pretty clean (Largely due to the fact we dont have that many lakes!) Pickwick, Reelfoot, and Kentucky Lakes are our main lakes- no problems. Your only problem usually is the Mississippi River- its supposed to be more polluted than the Pacific Ocean! You probably wouldnt have to worry about that- there is very little public access to the river in TN and they dont advise swimming because of the current (Not to say we dont do it- we still do) Beware of its fish, however.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,631,111 times
TVA provides very comprehensive ecological ratings of the lakes and rivers under it's control.
TVA: Reservoir Ratings

Old 03-14-2010, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,275 times
Hi:

My husband and I are thinking about buying a home at Rainbow Lake in Waynesboro, Tn. Is Rainbow Lake polluted and/or if the home we are buying has no water at this time, but there is a well with no pump how is the water in the area for drinking. Also how is the area in the winter........how is the fishing and hunting....Thank you for any info given and God Bless

Carole and Jerome Hotchkiss- Stayton, Oregon

Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,141,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carole hotchkiss View Post
Hi:

My husband and I are thinking about buying a home at Rainbow Lake in Waynesboro, Tn. Is Rainbow Lake polluted and/or if the home we are buying has no water at this time, but there is a well with no pump how is the water in the area for drinking. Also how is the area in the winter........how is the fishing and hunting....Thank you for any info given and God Bless

Carole and Jerome Hotchkiss- Stayton, Oregon
Since you have several questions about this particular location, I would suggest that you post this as a separate thread. You'll get a more responses from people who are familiar with the area.

I live a bit more than an hour east of Waynesboro...pretty country. The water should be fine if you have a well...biggest issues around here are if it gets low during dry years, and there are some wells with sulpher water, but most are good water.

I'm a Pacific Northwest transplant and have been here for years. I think you'll like it.

Good luck to you.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,774,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carole hotchkiss View Post
My husband and I are thinking about buying a home at Rainbow Lake in Waynesboro, Tn. Is Rainbow Lake polluted...
FWIW, I looked up Rainbow Lake on an aerial map and it appears to be more like a pond than a lake. It's about 750' long and maybe 150' wide at its widest point, so it's less than 2.5 acres in size. And from the only other photo of the "lake" I saw, the water looks pretty murky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee