U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
12,041 posts, read 11,510,519 times
Reputation: 13053
Smile Cherokee Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyl View Post
I was thinking of you today, my husband and I took my granddaughter to Cherokee Park today, it was beautiful,she also fed the fish and touched them down by the boats.We love walking around the park. Panther Creek Park in Morristown is lovely too.
Cherokee Park where's the park.... ? Not familiar with it......
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Morristown
57 posts, read 172,909 times
Reputation: 56
Cherokee Park is north right off Hwy 25-E. It's actually the last right you can take in Hamblen county before you cross over the lake into Grainger county. There's also some nice places to stay on the west end. Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, and Ramada Inn. There's also Panther Creek State Park that's located on the lake. Good luck
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
12,041 posts, read 11,510,519 times
Reputation: 13053
Default Cherokee Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeelake View Post
Cherokee Park is north right off Hwy 25-E. It's actually the last right you can take in Hamblen county before you cross over the lake into Grainger county. There's also some nice places to stay on the west end. Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, and Ramada Inn. There's also Panther Creek State Park that's located on the lake. Good luck
Thanks..........
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,281,460 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeelake View Post
Cherokee Park is north right off Hwy 25-E. It's actually the last right you can take in Hamblen county before you cross over the lake into Grainger county. There's also some nice places to stay on the west end. Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, and Ramada Inn. There's also Panther Creek State Park that's located on the lake. Good luck
Is taht the same park we go to off AJ highway? On panther crek road, right?
If so that is lovely, and I love the homes up that road if I am corrct. I also am learning the area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Morristown
57 posts, read 172,909 times
Reputation: 56
phyll, yes, that is Panther Creek State Park. The park surrounds the subdivision I live in, it's nice to have a place like that 20' out your back door.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,281,460 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeelake View Post
phyll, yes, that is Panther Creek State Park. The park surrounds the subdivision I live in, it's nice to have a place like that 20' out your back door.
I guess you see alot of deer? I love seeing them, but havent seen one since moving to TN. are homes very expensive there? I am sure they are with such a beautiful area, park, woods AND convienent to everything right there in Morristown.I am sorrry to bother you with so many questions , I promise one more only, what area would you call that if you were looking to purchase. Thank you VERY much for your help.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Morristown
57 posts, read 172,909 times
Reputation: 56
North West Hamblen county is the area I live in. In Cedar Harbor homes are priced anywhere between $269,900 - $550,000, just depends if you're on the lake or inside lot. Lots run between $55,000 to $100,000 for a lake lot. I'm in the process of buying another lot that borders the park and it will run me about $50,000. It's the last one that borders the park so I had to move on it. There's one lakefront, and 2 inside lots left that have a great view of the lake. I had always lived on a farm before I moved there so it took some getting use to but we love it now. I've built 3 homes there and getting ready to start number 4 this summer. It's a really neat place to live, we have summer partys at our neighborhood pavillion on the lake and football partys in the winter at someone's house. As far as the deer, yes they are every where. I went outside last night to see if we were getting any snow and jumped 4 or 5 out of my front yard.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
12,041 posts, read 11,510,519 times
Reputation: 13053
Friends of Panther Creek State Park
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,281,460 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeelake View Post
North West Hamblen county is the area I live in. In Cedar Harbor homes are priced anywhere between $269,900 - $550,000, just depends if you're on the lake or inside lot. Lots run between $55,000 to $100,000 for a lake lot. I'm in the process of buying another lot that borders the park and it will run me about $50,000. It's the last one that borders the park so I had to move on it. There's one lakefront, and 2 inside lots left that have a great view of the lake. I had always lived on a farm before I moved there so it took some getting use to but we love it now. I've built 3 homes there and getting ready to start number 4 this summer. It's a really neat place to live, we have summer partys at our neighborhood pavillion on the lake and football partys in the winter at someone's house. As far as the deer, yes they are every where. I went outside last night to see if we were getting any snow and jumped 4 or 5 out of my front yard.
The prices of the homes are alittle out of my reach, but I can still enjoy them paasing the park.I would LOVE deer on my yard , but where I am now , thats not happening, maybe someday
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,281,460 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Thanks for posting this link! It is great...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top