Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:55 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineywoods View Post
We are hoping to be in TN to get the well drilled --yaaay...and are hoping to come. So we are a possible 2. Not sure if the kids can make it but if they can I'll repost with a more definite number. How far a drive is it from Piney Flats/Johnson City to Fall Creek Falls? THANKS Kerry for your hard work in getting this together.
Roughly 4 - 5 hours. My father is in Limestone, just outside Johnson City. We're about an hour from FCF and 3.5 hours from my G-father, so I'm guessing - weather dependant - 4.5 to 5 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 03:56 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation bound View Post
Kerry, oh Kerry are you out there? Just want to know if you have found out anything further on the picnic.

Very bottom of page 1:

Quote:
Here's the scoop so far...

Room

I have a room reserved for april 19 all day basically. They have given me the option to also shuffle to another room april 1 if we need to. (I'm trying to get the conference room that has a balcony outside that way we can deal with the weather..if it's nice we can eat outside..if it is cold, raining then we still can have our get together anyway.)

Food

The park will cater to where ever we are...

They have a package called the "All American" which is hamburgers and hotdogs with the works. Beverages are included. The price quoted for that package was just under 13$ per head. Children 6-12 are half price and 6 and under eat free. This will be brought to wherever we are and setup...all we need to do is eat and the park handles the cleanup and etc. Tips and tax are included in that price and we just need to let the park know the headcount approximately 1 week prior to the event.

Buffet option

This option was priced just a few cents more, but still less than $13 per head with the same deal as above for children. We would just go through the buffet line and then take our food to the room to eat privately. I'm getting the menu that will be out in the buffet for that day.

Anyone that may require a special diet please dm or email me and I will make arrangements to take care of that.

One thing to consider...We can not bring food into the Inn ourselves. (Health regs)

I plan on being in the room all day to help people find areas and suggest things to do. We will just need to pick a time for everyone to meet there and eat.

I will have the exact prices and menus later this week. I'm going out to the park to meet with the lady to look things over and make sure I have everything covered. I will also get the details on any discounts for rooms and I want to pick up an activity planner so we will know what will be going on around the park.

Anyone with any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and hope we can pull this off. Kerry

Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,377 times
mrs 1885- I did see that post, although we still have to pay for the food and drinks. I don't know if that has to be done before we arrive or the day of.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 PM

94 posts, read 387,657 times
Default Update

Hello everyone,

I still have to go to the park and get with the lady to work out some of the final details. Right now, My girlfriend and I decided to wait until they all get over the sickness that is going through the park employees right now.

By the way, she works there, so she is helping me set this up. She is out of work due to back surgery and wants to go visit them anyway..we just don't want her to get the crud that has been going around out there...and I don't want to go through round 4 of the stuff.

I should have the exact cost per person, and a menu list after we visit.
I understand that there is supposed to be some naturalist there around that time frame that will be doing different activities. We want to get an updated list of all the scheduled activities that will be going on there.

If all goes as planned I should get to go out there this week and get the info we need.

Kerry

Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,078 times
Glory be! Joy of Joys! It's KKKEEEERRRRRY!

"Hi, Kerry!"

Can you tell we're eager beavers? lol

Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 PM

94 posts, read 387,657 times
Default Eager Beavers

I really hope everyone enjoys this get together...Mom is already looking forward to seeing those that were at the first get together and meeting new people too.

If you have never been to FCF then I think you will be in for a treat.

Bring your cameras and get ready to see some awesome scenery.

I'm just hoping this crazy weather pattern stops by then.

Kerry

Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Thanks for the update kklynnt! We all appreciate you so much!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,377 times
Thanks for the update Kerry. I can't wait to meet you and everyone else who will be there. Is it APRIl YET!!!!.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Wink Good to hear from you, Kerry! Stay well!

Thanks so much for the update, Kerry. I hope your girlfriend recovers soon from her back surgery. I am sorry to hear about that.

We hope that she will be ship-shape in time for FCF!!

We will stay tuned for anything further about event scheduling and the like. Thank you for handling all of this. And, definitely, give our thanks to your girlfriend!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Bill and I- 2
Can't wait.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee